Monocouche airpockets

Joey_c

Hi guys , I've recently started spraying monocouche (fassacouche) and I'm having an issue with airpockets , I'm new to machine rendering but have hand applied for years , I pass the whole end around 6-7 mm then use serrated edge to flatten then back up spray around 10mm pass with someone following right behind with serrated edge and closing in , I'm doing next day scratch so finishing around 3:30 and back in 7 in the morning to scratch , it's pretty hard by then but manage to get the I bar and nail float over it , the issue is I have to keep filling areas of little holes which I assume is air pockets, any help would be really appreciated thanks Joe

Hi guys , I've recently started spraying monocouche (fassacouche) and I'm having an issue with airpockets , I'm new to machine rendering but have hand applied for years , I pass the whole end around 6-7 mm then use serrated edge to flatten then back up spray around 10mm pass with someone following right behind with serrated edge and closing in , I'm doing next day scratch so finishing around 3:30 and back in 7 in the morning to scratch , it's pretty hard by then but manage to get the I bar and nail float over it , the issue is I have to keep filling areas of little holes which I assume is air pockets, any help would be really appreciated thanks Joe
Normally this is down to a couple of things.

Unmixed material due to a lack of water in the mix, or you could simply be scraping back too late.

What machine are you using, water setting and what’s the bar pressure on the pressure gauge showing? Also, the length of pipe you are using.

Hi , the machine is a putzmeister sp25 dqr, we have gone with 5.5liters to one 25kg bag seems pretty wet as previously I've only hand applied and would have it thicker but it definitely gives me more working time than when we first started at 5 litres also was having an issue of the mix drying in the machine before I could use 5 bags which seemed strange , I'll measure pipes today we only had 1 pipe on roughly 10m then reducing down to the smaller 5metre , haven't checked the bar pressure in all honesty, is this something that should always be looked into ? Spoken to a few people that say the fassacouche is still to wet to scrape for them in the morning but for me it was alot harder than I would have liked , bags all in date Nd have been stored correctly, I'm straight on new block work so building 2 passes to over 15mm I would have thought it would hold up a bit on the wall .

Hi , the machine is a putzmeister sp25 dqr, we have gone with 5.5liters to one 25kg bag seems pretty wet as previously I've only hand applied and would have it thicker but it definitely gives me more working time than when we first started at 5 litres also was having an issue of the mix drying in the machine before I could use 5 bags which seemed strange , I'll measure pipes today we only had 1 pipe on roughly 10m then reducing down to the smaller 5metre , haven't checked the bar pressure in all honesty, is this something that should always be looked into ? Spoken to a few people that say the fassacouche is still to wet to scrape for them in the morning but for me it was alot harder than I would have liked , bags all in date Nd have been stored correctly, I'm straight on new block work so building 2 passes to over 15mm I would have thought it would hold up a bit on the wall .
weve just been spraying fassa through ritmo l.
2 passes 15mm and still nice and soft at 8am next day

think you need to wet your spray up a bit. as 1 stop says usually bit of dry gear.

weve just been spraying fassa through ritmo l.
2 passes 15mm and still nice and soft at 8am next day

think you need to wet your spray up a bit. as 1 stop says usually bit of dry gear.
How much water you using per bag mate ? Seems pretty wet coming through, I have to open it up with scratch float before the I bar as its just screeching on top its that hard , do you damp walls down at all ? I'm worried of blocks ghosting through so straight on dry walls

How much water you using per bag mate ? Seems pretty wet coming through, I have to open it up with scratch float before the I bar as its just screeching on top its that hard , do you damp walls down at all ? I'm worried of blocks ghosting through so straight on dry walls
20231128_141257.jpg

sprayed on ritmo L. just over 200 on the water.
2 x coats on blockwork 15mm.
finished spraying around 1pm.
didnt start scratching back and still soft at 10am next day.
temp around 5 degrees

View attachment 76528
sprayed on ritmo L. just over 200 on the water.
2 x coats on blockwork 15mm.
finished spraying around 1pm.
didnt start scratching back and still soft at 10am next day.
temp around 5 degrees
Really strange mate , same temp as me same background also same colour fassa but I finished spraying closer to 3pm and was super hard by 7am , not sure how how much water your using per 25kg bag as I set it differently on the putzmeister I just set how many litres I want it to pour in the mixer side before sending it over

Really strange mate , same temp as me same background also same colour fassa but I finished spraying closer to 3pm and was super hard by 7am , not sure how how much water your using per 25kg bag as I set it differently on the putzmeister I just set how many litres I want it to pour in the mixer side before sending it over
its a mystery. fassa is a real slow setter aswell

Was it when it was really windy last week ? Could of been the high speed winds howling across the wall all night

When we use Mono we use the Flakes it will then be ready for the I bar 1 hour after application.

Do you lads get on with two passes we only ever do one I’d be too afraid of the first coat pulling in too much or spraying too thick the first pass plus it’s a ballsache isn’t it doing it twice I thought that’s what machines were for ?

Do you lads get on with two passes we only ever do one I’d be too afraid of the first coat pulling in too much or spraying too thick the first pass plus it’s a ballsache isn’t it doing it twice I thought that’s what machines were for ?
Hi mate , I personally think 15mm is a bit much for one pass plus it's closer to 20mm by the time your beads are plumbed down the building and your leaving proud for scraping back , I've been doing a thinner pass adding mesh in and ruling with serrated Edge, doesn't matter if the first pass pulls in as when I hand applied the first pass had always pulled in before I got back to do the second, it is more of a ball ache to be honest moving hoses up and down , I might start trying one thick pass and rule then top up if needed

Hi mate , I personally think 15mm is a bit much for one pass plus it's closer to 20mm by the time your beads are plumbed down the building and your leaving proud for scraping back , I've been doing a thinner pass adding mesh in and ruling with serrated Edge, doesn't matter if the first pass pulls in as when I hand applied the first pass had always pulled in before I got back to do the second, it is more of a ball ache to be honest moving hoses up and down , I might start trying one thick pass and rule then top up if needed
Go for one and done only go back to top up areas that are a bit shy you can get it thick enough easily in one pass

Fair play joey you’re doing it by the book don’t fix it if it ain’t broken, the air pockets could be a number of many things not even air pockets they do show up more though on a next day do you think especially if you brush it, it may just be down to the render been a lot more brittle