Mono repair

Members online

No members online now.

PlasterCraftDundee

I've to look at a mono repair job where the customer is making their garage wider so the ingoes will need mono applied to match the rest. Now I don't come across mono a very often never mind repairing it. So just wondering if this is the best method. I won't get an angle bead on the corner so should I just stick a stop bead on level with the existing render then seal the join between the stop and original render?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've to look at a mono repair job where the customer is making their garage wider so the ingoes will need mono applied to match the rest. Now I don't come across mono a very often never mind repairing it. So just wondering if this is the best method. I won't get an angle bead on the corner so should I just stick a stop bead on level with the existing render then seal the join between the stop and original render?

I'd say that's probably the only way pcd .

I'll get a picture once I've been to see it. Just wanted to be able to advise the customer when I got there. I also thought about sticking a corner bead on then a stop bead onto the front of the garage maybe 6 inches further along to create a band. Would the existing mono be ok to coat over as long as it's solid? Or would I be better putting rendaid on first?

I think a lot o
I'll get a picture once I've been to see it. Just wanted to be able to advise the customer when I got there. I also thought about sticking a corner bead on then a stop bead onto the front of the garage maybe 6 inches further along to create a band. Would the existing mono be ok to coat over as long as it's solid? Or would I be better putting rendaid on first?

i think a lot of people just sbr but rend aid would do I think .

you can patch it in very well and by using a colourwash to equalise the surface of the hole elevation should be pretty invisible
Hello pft,I was under the same impression that mono doesn't look great patched,but I would be interested in hearing how you do it like you explained , there are some dog s**t jobs round our way needing some attention .

The repair itself will be good if you use the same product to patch as was originally used. but you wont get the same colour match. therefore its best to repaint the whole elevation so nothing flashes

The repair itself will be good if you use the same product to patch as was originally used. but you wont get the same colour match. therefore its best to repaint the whole elevation so nothing flashes
Thanks buddy Iv never gave it a go ,I think I will now tho,were do you get your colour wash from?

Sorry it's not the best photo. But this is the garage they are making wider. My plan was to stick on new corner beads, then create a band with stop beads on the front of the house. Would this be the best method? I was going to stick 15mm beads on rendaid then top as normal
fc9e2004976141d8db3670a7b9867171.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I know weber don't recommend going over existing render, even with rendaid, but I assume as long as existing is solid there shouldn't be a problem?