Megamixer Died BOOOOOOO

roryston

she died this morning lads! thats what I get for working a Sunday I guess!

I'm the 6 years I've owned it (and it was at least 10 years old when it was donated to me) ive only ever had to replace the bearing and sort the cables out by the trigger.

I'm considering buying another one but prices seem to range from £200/£500

they don't make my one anymore by the looks of it so what are my options? it'll be for mixing skim dab and mono/k rend products.

I'm considering one of those virex £100 jobbys to tide me over or should I stop being a drybread and get a refina again?

I'm the 6 years I've owned it (and it was at least 10 years old when it was donated to me) ive only ever had to replace the bearing and sort the cables out by the trigger.

they don't make my one anymore by the looks of it so what are my options? it'll be for mixing skim dab and mono/k rend products.

I'm considering one of those virex £100 jobbys to tide me over or should I stop being a drybread and get a refina again?
Good time of the year to search for bargains ,don't buy the £100 ones , there ok for diy bods

If you bought a Xmas bonus ball for £10 and won £590 you could buy a brand new top of the range drill, there's 12 left ,your luck can turn for a £10

Get a refina, a vitrex is alright I guess for one bag mixes don't think it would handle more

mate if your mixing mono trust me that won't last 5 mins mixing that stuff

I’ll lend you one to get you out of trouble and spending money this time of year ?

Has it deffo died ? Have you tried\ checked brushes?

I do believe it is the brushes, plenty of blue sparks and loosing power under load.

thing is, the screws on the body are all knackered, it's noisy and tired out. she's served me well I don't want to fix it then to be back in the same position next month with another problem

I got a wee vitrex, it was alright, only used it once for a homer. Don't know that it would stand day in day out use all the same, and wouldnt mix heavier than skim or bonding with it, saying that I mixed sand cement but only a half bucket with white cement got reveals, so not a real test of it.

Good time of the year to search for bargains ,don't buy the £100 ones , there ok for diy bods

and builders. (y)

I find they're perfect for the once in a blue moon job. You know the sort of thing, mixing a full bag of skim because I've no idea how much I'll use to do a window reveal etc. :LOL:

You suddenly pop up with a kind offer once s*x is on the menu!

Just sat in on a Sunday night stroking my bear

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1511123962.368225.jpg