1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Masking tape

Discussion in 'Marble Plastering Case Studies' started by markj, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markj

markj Active Member

Hi guys
    I am new to marble plaster and I was wondering what is the best masking tape to use when you have done a wall and then going to do the wall next to it.

I was wondering if one brand is better than another for this .

Should I use low tack ....Green frog ....
    Any help would be very apeppricate. .

Thanks mark

2. smoother09

smoother09 Private Member

I dont know much about venetian but would of thought a low tack tape is common sense!!:RpS_thumbup:

3. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Lol I used some really sticky Crap stuff for my sample boards last week and it was a mega headache getting it off... frog tape I think @RobJack uses :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  4. markj

markj Active Member

Thanks Danny

5. markj

markj Active Member

I did one before and use b &
    Stuff and things didn't go to smooth shall we say

6. Tiggs

Tiggs New Member

hi mate give the yellow frog tape a go, ive only used it for decorating and pulls off lovely on a delicate surface.

7. RobJack

RobJack Private Member

I try to always use frog. Yellow is low tack but they also brought an orange one out for gloss paints which is lower tack again. Depending on what your masking up though it doesn't always stick in the first place

8. markj

markj Active Member

Thanks guys I will give it a go
    Will try both frog and see which one I get on with better
    Thanks again

9. cassie

cassie Well-Known Member

yellow frog is the low tac, green is the higher tac...

10. beddy

beddy Well-Known Member

I thought you'd jacked craig?

11. A.plasterer

A.plasterer Private Member

Just get a balaclava .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.