Marshaltown permaflex

I will genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts on it @gps Its a lot of money for something that is almost exactly the same as the Nela...

Do you not believe me ?

I have never posted a pic, says I don't have media or something?
Fair enough mate definitely tell us what it's like to use then when you use it , my mate took mine I not seen it since he did said he rubbed it over a few dry plastered walls as well though to help it along a little bit , tbh same with most flex

Fair enough mate definitely tell us what it's like to use then when you use it , my mate took mine I not seen it since he did said he rubbed it over a few dry plastered walls as well though to help it along a little bit , tbh same with most flex
Errrr !!!!! Thats not yer mate .:estudioso:
Did he ask for yer house keys too and do you look through the windows at night wondering what he's doing in there?

Just for you @Vincey

I've only had the opportunity to use it twice, not quite a straight of the box for finishing trowel, feels good with the very familiar handle, the blade is nice and looks very different (don't ask me why I'm no engineer) but it looks promising.

Is it worth the extra money ? Who knows. If it lasts longer than the refinas I've had then yes if not then obvs not. Only time will provide the answer.

Last edited:
Just for you @Vincey

I've only had the opportunity to use it twice, not quite a straight of the box for finishing trowel, feels good with the very familiar handle, the blade is nice and looks very different (don't ask me why I'm no engineer) but it looks promising.

Is it worth the extra money ? Who knows. If it lasts longer than the refinas I've had them yes if not then obvs not. Only time will provide the answer.

I had to give the corners a helping hand with mine as they weren't grinded far enough round.

I can just picture the redneck now doing it in his check shirt (sleeves rolled up to reveal his rippling guns) and baseball cap back to front. Big cordless DeWalt grinder with sparks spraying everywhere .. and "Born in the USA" blaring out in the background.

The black tape isn't standing up too well, but I have seen the new version (yes already) and it doesn't have tape.

Just for you @Vincey

Is it worth the extra money ? Who knows. If it lasts longer than the refinas I've had them yes if not then obvs not. Only time will provide the answer.
Nice one Gordon, always good to see plasterers share experience of tools etc
Thanks

£68 is a lot of money for something that will fall apart in the end. Nelas are half that. When I started I paid around £60 odd for my first Tyzack Centenary double tang and it took years to break it in.. (nearly threw it away I was so pissed off with it.. took a bit of rendering before it came good).

Didn't MT once laugh at Nela's with their stuck on blade?

£68 is a lot of money for something that will fall apart in the end. Nelas are half that. When I started I paid around £60 odd for my first Tyzack Centenary double tang and it took years to break it in.. (nearly threw it away I was so pissed off with it.. took a bit of rendering before it came good).

Didn't MT once laugh at Nela's with their stuck on blade?

There exact comment was 'it's a gimmick that won't catch on, NELA won't be around by the end of the year'

That was over 3 years ago

I give up its all b*ll***s when I started it was 2 trowels! A broken in one for skimming and a new one for roughing on. Don't get me wrong the spats are great and superteds have mixed reviews etc but it's a goldmine for any manufacturer conning the humble spread into making him think he needs stuff he really doesnt
I give up its all b*ll***s when I started it was 2 trowels! A broken in one for skimming and a new one for roughing on. Don't get me wrong the spats are great and superteds have mixed reviews etc but it's a goldmine for any manufacturer conning the humble spread into making him think he needs stuff he really doesnt
I remember when all my hand tools fitted into a little canvas army bag.fuk me all these new trowel is pure b*ll***s

647x364_rm_bugler.jpg
Sorry Marshy i misread your post.:D