Marshalltown mpb13gsd. Is this correct??

Members online

Peter-c

Just purchased a new trowel from screw fix. It should be the mpb13gsd and my understanding was the gold permashape trowels come no longer with gold beads but has the gold handle inserts. The one I have just got does not. It also has a different part number being mxs13sdh as can be seen in the pics. Is this the correct trowel I had the intent to purchase. Pete

Attachments

• IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 542
Just purchased a new trowel from screw fix. It should be the mpb13gsd and my understanding was the gold permashape trowels come no longer with gold beads but has the gold handle inserts. The one I have just got does not. It also has a different part number being mxs13sdh as can be seen in the pics. Is this the correct trowel I had the intent to purchase. Pete
Get in touch with Rollins group, they're the distributors of Mt gear, try them on fb maybe, I'm sure they can help you with your query

That's not the gold permashape mate

Permashape are bloody shite!!! Buy an extralite but be prepared to break it in. If you don't use sand and cement often? Buy a pre worn

Well I spoke to rollings and it was not the correct trowel. I went back to screwfix and although the part number listed on there site vs the number on the trowel, the fact the handle ends are different and one is gold they said it was the same one. Ummm no mate. Gave me a refund and rollings are going to talk to them as they are in happy. As for what trowel to use, I appreciate the comments, I'm getting back tho plastering and have a reputable guy offering me a place. Not having plastered in 6/7 years I'm buying all new kit. This being one of them. From the reviews, although mixed I think it's the one I would like to try. If not I'll buy another at some point. Cheers guys

a good trowel tho mr marsh extralite and all that beats plastic hands down and all other trowels aspire to be this one,(tin hat on awaiting flak)

I've a duraflex that I've been using for rendering for about six months. Might give it a bash on skim tomorrow

I've a duraflex that I've been using for rendering for about six months. Might give it a bash on skim tomorrow
They are awful mate if it's got gold bits on the handles. Was a disaster from Marshaltown stick with Extralite or a pre worn

I agree mate no flak from me I love my MTs
I've 4, a 14 x4. 75 well broken In for skimming, two 13x5s one relatively new, been breaking it in by floating but now use it for skimming, an old 13x5 I use for floating, scratching etc and a 10.5x4 one for when necessary lol have a nela medi and super too though never use super really. Medi does get a burst lol

Aw fk, was expecting good things
I had a 13x5 gold one years ago, was a decent trowel I thought tbh,though seemed to take longer to break in the extra lite when I had it. If had have been gold one in when I bought my extra lite I likely would have got the go one again, although tbf I'm happy with the extra lite now, it's good shape and balance etc. Breaking in nicely, wee bit sharper wouldn't do any harm but getting. There lol

You got th

i think they are the same as Refina premium? I've got a lovely Refina trowel, cork handle decent skimming trowel (y)
I've no idea if it's the same as a Refina one as I don't have one of those, but it's a cork handle yes. Marshalltown whores might not approve but I was impressed with it.

What's the difference between the duraflex and the permashape I'm buying. I can only guess the duraflex has a softer ,more flexible blade??

They are awful mate if it's got gold bits on the handles. Was a disaster from Marshaltown stick with Extralite or a pre worn
The 2 gold ones ive seen are the one I'm looking at and the duraflex. When I spoke to the Importers she told me the Mpb13gsd the one I want is a pre worn. I feel abit out my depth with all the different types now.

My MT 16 gold took ages to wear in but is a damned good trowel. Just bought 16 Nela premium and was surprised to find you can use them straight out of the packaging. Love the 'cork' handle as well, absolutely hate the Durasoft handles, just can't seem to grip them properly so both my Gold and Extralite have wooden handles.

My MT 16 gold took ages to wear in but is a damned good trowel. Just bought 16 Nela premium and was surprised to find you can use them straight out of the packaging. Love the 'cork' handle as well, absolutely hate the Durasoft handles, just can't seem to grip them properly so both my Gold and Extralite have wooden handles.

I have a MT 16 and love that as well :D I dont do enough now to try and break in a new trowel :D So cant comment too much on the Nela 16 :D