1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for work

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Labourers Forum' started by Crazybaker, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

I'm trying to get into the trade I'm 35 wanting to learn live in the west midlands wolverhampton area. I'm looking for someone to take me on an show me the ropes thanks very much

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your quest.

3. Lastlaff

Lastlaff Well-Known Member

I'll take you on and show you my ropes...and gimp suit

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Arti

Arti Private Member

Plenty of geodie dancers in the black country @beddy @Nisus

5. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Good luck buddy :D

Do you have any experience in the construction industry? Its hard getting a start at £35 due to the pay cut you are likely to take when starting out working with another plasterer

6. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

I have a small amount but I am prepared to take a cut as to learn a new career.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

It may be quite a big cut but if you are keen and have support from your family it is quite do able :D

8. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

Yeah I have mate

9. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

Just wanting to learn a new trade

10. imago

imago Private Member

Are you thinking of plastering specifically or other areas of construction as well?

11. imago

imago Private Member

Saying @beddy is from the black country will make him pop a blood vessel! :LOL:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

I want to learn plastering mate

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arti

Arti Private Member

He's a jockenese brummie

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

At 35 just Learning now and that's if you can get on with someone will take a minimum of 5 years to be fully fledged the ones who been doing for years still learning now, there is a pattern forming here a load of people wanna start to learn plastering I just don't get it cos most of us look for ways to get out of it

• Like Like x 2
  15. Crazybaker

Crazybaker New Member

What's wrong with wanting to learn a new trade????????

16. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

Mate I be honest it's not a trade that you can just pick up it takes a while to even learn he basics and at 35 I can't see why you would wanna pick a trade that's dirty filthy hard work stressful over being a Chippy or something, today even after 18 years plastering I was hacking off a wall covered in dust up 3 floors and I kept thinking why did I fu cking pick plastering, I don't think you have thought this through I started on 20 quid a day and the most u will get by being a beginner is 50 a day so that's 250 before tax then 200 after at 35 I very much doubt you got no out goings and don't have to just earn beer money and keep ya cock, sorry if I sound a Cnut but it's not all rosy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. markg

markg New Member

Have u found a labouring job then and if so how's it going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1