Looking after your hands???

Members online

zombie

Private Member
When I render I wear marigolds no bother, though only do a few render jobs a year.

Rest of the time I don't/can't stand wearing gloves.... Anyway over the last couple of yrs for some reason I've started with I think ezma/dermatitis in between my fingers and is gradually getting worse.

Its driving me mad and I think if I don't get sorted soon there going to start splitting as skins that inflamed and dry!

Everything ice tried cream wise seems to agitate it, Vaseline, e45, sudocream etc.

Any advice????

PS... I'm looking for answers other than wearing gloves as they drive me insane!!!!

Thanks Zombie

hi zombie - it could be an age thing :inocente:

i use our Mrs' hand cream she gets from avon - works wonder on my hands

Heard of folk using athletes foot cream, never tried it nor do I have the same problem zombie. Might be worth a shot. If your applying any creams tho put surgical gloves on over the top. Will keep them moist and prevent cracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mycota cream rubbed well-in to combat infection. Mycota powder several times a day on dried hands will help.
Sweat build up softens your skin, and the hot moist atmosphere of the rubber glove is the ideal breeding ground for bacteria.
Change gloves regularly through the day, turning the used ones inside out to dry, douse with mycota powder before you put them on again.
Cream your hands before beddybyes, and all will be well.......
Come back in a week and we will decide if surgery is needed...
You are welcome....
NEXT!!........

I always use gloves! Years ago I used to stick my hand in everything, eater bucket, skim. Bonding you name it. Get home, Hands dry as a whores c**t and catches on everything. f**k**g worst feeling there is IMO. f**k**g hate it!!
My hands are always in good enough nick for what I do. Its my lungs I worry about more than anything because lately, my breathing has got bad compared to when I was younger.

Use a barrier cream at the start of work and reapply when you wash your hands. That stuff with the Norgie flag on it is good. Idea of barrier cream is that it protects as well as soothes at the end of the day.

If everything is irritant, try Diprobase from the chemist.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I use Hemp ,

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/favourites/bestsellers/hemp-hand-protector/p/p000461?utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=sem_gen&utm_campaign=161004_PXShoppingGenericBodycare&utm_term={KeyWordTerm}&utm_content=GenericTrade&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItYectM-Q1QIVg5UbCh0BygM5EAQYASABEgJspPD_BwE&dclid=CMmwzLbPkNUCFUUx0wod2wgOTg

Also gloves wise these are wicked first ones are a bit pricey and the second are cheaper

IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG

When I render I wear marigolds no bother, though only do a few render jobs a year.

Rest of the time I don't/can't stand wearing gloves.... Anyway over the last couple of yrs for some reason I've started with I think ezma/dermatitis in between my fingers and is gradually getting worse.

Its driving me mad and I think if I don't get sorted soon there going to start splitting as skins that inflamed and dry!

Everything ice tried cream wise seems to agitate it, Vaseline, e45, sudocream etc.

Any advice????

PS... I'm looking for answers other than wearing gloves as they drive me insane!!!!

Thanks Zombie
You might be allergic to gloves!!!

When rendering and putting your hand in a bucket and using a sponge what else can you do?

Once had burns from chemicals in bagged render & never again!
Just burnt my arm last week with OCR...
I was quite surprised at how burny that stuff is. Bloody hell...dust masks, goggles, gloves, ear plugs...owt else just for a days work??

When rendering and putting your hand in a bucket and using a sponge what else can you do?

I got some stuff if you want it pm your address i will send it

You can get lined marigolds its the sweat and your hands pores that causes dermatitis

Any advice????

Thanks Zombie
I wear them black mamba gloves now good gloves and don't tear as easy as the other disposable gloves

Any advice????

Thanks Zombie

Best way to treat your hands is coat your hands with double Base or aqueous cream before beddibyes then put on silk or satin gloves. If you can't get either then surgical gloves from pharmacy work just as well. Okeefes is great stuff too

Used to get shoulder burns from carrying cement bags with the shirt off on the hot days........cement + sweat = alkali......opposite of acid, but just as hurtybad.
Knew a lad who had to wear the sleeve bit of a marigold on his arm in case muck dripped of his hawk, as he reacted badly to the cement.......really deep pus filled sores....

Used to get shoulder burns from carrying cement bags with the shirt off on the hot days........cement + sweat = alkali......opposite of acid, but just as hurtybad.
Knew a lad who had to wear the sleeve bit of a marigold on his arm in case muck dripped of his hawk, as he reacted badly to the cement.......really deep pus filled sores....
I've always envisioned you being a bit on tubby side like me and top never comes off,sorry for making assumptions

Best way to treat your hands is coat your hands with double Base or aqueous cream before beddibyes then put on silk or satin gloves. If you can't get either then surgical gloves from pharmacy work just as well. Okeefes is great stuff too

Yeeeeees nice 1 @Olican !!!

I've been trying to remember for days now what I used to use but totally forgot!

Used to use that few yes ago then just stopped bothering for some daft reason and must have tried 10 different creams since that make it worse!!!

Ok. I have had this and made big mistakes with treatment. O Keefes is rubbish as made my hands sting. E45 causes a reaction with me. Aqueous cream is a soap substitute for dry skin not a moisturiser so don't use. Vaseline seal in the oils if you have any to seal in. So what to do.. Eat more oily fish or get some omega 3 pills. Cheap as chips. Get the pump epaderm cream and use all the time including washing you hands. I carry it with me all the time In small bottles and containers. Got it in car and van. Bags everywhere. Use steroid cream on flair ups after applying epaderm first. Remember... Your skin is one organ so expect to get trouble from head to toe if you don't keep on top of it.

Do you ..um...often picture forum members semi naked? :baba:
Well to a certain extent bit strange how I'm being questioned by the most warped member on here though we all got our vices though and I'm not looking for the title of strangest member I promise lol