Lime solo

bowhay

Anyone used Lime solo one coat plaster before? Never used it before but had to price a barn conversion and the clients want this used. f**k nos why as its on board anyways. Think its just for the authentic look

Last edited:
I phoned the company that supplies the stuff before putting my price in and Flexi trowels are recommended so the guru on the blower says. Which is ideal as I use medi/nelaflex II for skim anyways.

I done some internal limework few months back, sponged next day and trowelled, found the s*p*r*lex worked best. Looked s**t to be fair, but it was a listed building and that was what they wanted.

I done some internal limework few months back, sponged next day and trowelled, found the s*p*r*lex worked best. Looked s**t to be fair, but it was a listed building and that was what they wanted.
I like your honesty

We've been using this on wood wool slabs and mesh and if you want an honest opinion it's absolutely crap. A comparison would be spreading dri wall adhesive and trying to trowel it up. Awful stuff,

I used it on the wood/wool board mesh combo too, I'm a noob to plastering so don't have much experience but I found if you mix it quite wet it's not that bad. Obvs it's not multifinish so you ain't gonna get same finish but I managed ok although if I used again I'd consider a diff trowel than my steel for finishing

Anyone used Lime solo one coat plaster before? Never used it before but had to price a barn conversion and the clients want this used. f**k nos why as its on board anyways. Think its just for the authentic look
Think folks like lime for its breathable qualities more so in older buildings