Knauf MPFinish useful video links ( hand and spray applied )

Status
Not open for further replies.
@knauf is this finish only suitable for use over plasterboard?

I guess you don't recommend it for skimming hard wall? As hard walls a BG product?

Is it suitable for use on overskim with PVA?

Last edited by a moderator:
@knauf is this finish only suitable for use over plasterboard?

I guess you don't recommend it for skimming hard wall? As hard walls a BG product?

Is it suitable for use on overskim with PVA?

Hi Carlos

Not my area of expertise, but seeing as it is Poets day, I'll help as much as I can..... (Calling @quinns or @Quins - whatever your forum name is... lol)

See page 5 of the attached - ISSUU - Knauf Plasters by Knauf

Says you can go onto a backing plaster or fully cured S&C...... hopefully Quinns will answer the PVA question....

can you float and set as a one coat plaster on blockwork ? like thistle universal and gips plaster.

Do knauf do a backing plaster?

They used to and it was called goldband. They now say you can use their one coat plaster as a backing and skim with mp. A bit expensive option so I would guess that as long as its well keyed then any of the BG undercoats would be fine.

They used to and it was called goldband. They now say you can use their one coat plaster as a backing and skim with mp. A bit expensive option so I would guess that as long as its well keyed then any of the BG undercoats would be fine.

I see what your saying mate but surly if there's a problem you wouldn't get any support due to mixing different brands.

I see what your saying mate but surly if there's a problem you wouldn't get any support due to mixing different brands.

dont call me Shirley!:RpS_biggrin:
We can use thistle board finish on a well keyed Dri Coat which has low suction, so mp finish on the other BG backing plasters may only fail due to excessive suction or maybe chemical reaction which is unlikely. After all both products are gypsum based. The only other backing would be s&c. Same as the lads who water down the Micro when the spec says not to. They have taken a chance with no come backs so you would just have to chance it. I have put PvA into Betakontakt to stretch it out on @stolen stilton recommend and had no problems.

Cause we all work outside of spec at times dirt water etc. I was just thinking out loud.

We get mp75 cheaper then hardwall

Carlos, the Knauf range consists of MP Finish - skim coat to plasterboards and concrete (with Betokontakt), MP75NL a one coat plaster for Block work. can be applied upto 20mm, after sponging the fats are bought to the surface and trowelled as a skim coat, and the ready mixed plaster range. For more info visit www.knaufdrywall.co.uk/product-range-overview/plasters.

carlos. iv used mpfinish on board, reskim and cpi. performs fine over all. i dunno how it would be on high suction tho

Status
Not open for further replies.