K rend

Hi I am just in the process of having our bungalow rendered with K Rend but Im a bit concerned about the finish of the top coat as it doesn't look quite like other houses I have looked at if you zoom in on pics it appears to me you can see the mesh in places
c60936222826f3316415129b7f97c5e8.jpg
dd3a239b8c48b166ce00906631050d81.jpg
7c571ce9da9ea282967473b33e28dfd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krend tc is meant to be a randon texture.

every spread will create a different finish to some degree.

but close up that looks like it has been rubbed too thick and dry for the grain to create the pattern.

got any pics further away?

It's been put on and not rubbed up correctly so it looks like a dogs dinner, it will be a redo job by someone that knows what there doing.

they applying on a devil coat sand cement? if that is the case.
1... be no mesh coat.
2. the surface needs to be flat.
3. no primer?
if no primer may make sence on the finish. sucked in too quick.

can you show the make up on this render as i may be completly wrong.

btw not the worst ive seen.

It should be a uniformfinish, if there going over sand and cement they don't know what there doing, looks like no primer so it's a suction issue aswell.

they applying on a devil coat sand cement? if that is the case.
1... be no mesh coat.
2. the surface needs to be flat.
3. no primer?
if no primer may make sence on the finish. sucked in too quick.

can you show the make up on this render as i may be completly wrong.

btw not the worst ive seen.
Ha you typed quicker than me.

That photo of sand/cement render adjacent was a bit misleading
They have used k rend base coat/mesh & silicon but they did use sand and cement under it to compensate for how far out of level the walls were and said it would cost a fortune to pad out with k rend base coat
6561b06ca4478c55556b6fae2b78252d.jpg
bd0bb1e6bc5669c5116414300a9ed43c.jpg

Hi I am just in the process of having our bungalow rendered with K Rend but Im a bit concerned about the finish of the top coat as it doesn't look quite like other houses I have looked at if you zoom in on pics it appears to me you can see the mesh in places
c60936222826f3316415129b7f97c5e8.jpg
dd3a239b8c48b166ce00906631050d81.jpg
7c571ce9da9ea282967473b33e28dfd9.jpg

There is another Krend finish mind its a fine
Pitted finish And Comes in bags not buckets

He said he had trouble mixing it the other day as it solidified in the tub there is a date on it June 17 not sure if this was production date or use by date, I know they definitely got it from local builders merchants in July. Noticed a few dry powdery patches as well that is slight different colour and texture

He said he had trouble mixing it the other day as it solidified in the tub there is a date on it June 17 not sure if this was production date or use by date, I know they definitely got it from local builders merchants in July. Noticed a few dry powdery patches as well that is slight different colour and texture

i used the granite krend topcoat last year.
the clour kept running out after i mixed it.
once i put it on the wall and rubbed it up black streaks started to appear where the black ink started to run again.