K-rend silicone rendered to ground

Members online

Marcus bear

Hi, I’m not a plaster but customer, I had my 1904 bungalow rendered 6 months ago with k-rend silicone render although the plasterer told me it was lime based, the work was carried out over 2 days, 1 sunny and the other torrential rain. He said it was fine to render to the ground, and on his business page he has done this a lot, the wall is so blotchy and it looks awful. I have my house on the market now and I’m worried it will affect it selling, I’d like to paint it, can I use masonry paint? Is there anything I can do with the bottom, or is this alright? I’ve spoken to the plasterer who said the blotches are damp that is being pulled from the inside. . Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_9992.jpeg
    IMG_9992.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9980.jpeg
    IMG_9980.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9991.png
    IMG_9991.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2104.jpeg
    IMG_2104.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 82
Hi, I’m not a plaster but customer, I had my 1904 bungalow rendered 6 months ago with k-rend silicone render although the plasterer told me it was lime based, the work was carried out over 2 days, 1 sunny and the other torrential rain. He said it was fine to render to the ground, and on his business page he has done this a lot, the wall is so blotchy and it looks awful. I have my house on the market now and I’m worried it will affect it selling, I’d like to paint it, can I use masonry paint? Is there anything I can do with the bottom, or is this alright? I’ve spoken to the plasterer who said the blotches are damp that is being pulled from the inside. . Thanks for any advice.

Sounds like he's f**k**g a lot of gaffs up then!

Proud man!

Krend is not lime based.
basecoat is cement, and silicone.... well its aikicone although can breathe

It looks like your cottage is solid wall (without cavity) so there wont be a dpc to this day standards.

ideally a lime render system should of been used or a breathable lime insulated system

Krend is not lime based.
basecoat is cement, and silicone.... well its aikicone although can breathe

It looks like your cottage is solid wall (without cavity) so there wont be a dpc to this day standards.

ideally a lime render system should of been used or a breathable lime insulated system
Hi, thanks for your reply, it’s brick and does have a cavity, there were little black plugs about 10 inches up the wall. He told me he was using lime plaster but I checked with the supplier and it was silicone based. Is there anyway I can make it look better please. Without spending a fortune as it’s up for sale. Thanks.

No plasterer /renderer ,visited your property
IMG_0254.jpeg