k rend on top sand and cement scratch coat

Members online

roryston

Is it doable ? Made a bo bo on a job.

Friend built a block wall and said he wanted it rendered.

I went there today, beaded and scratched it with sand cement all happy.

He rang me just now and asked me what id prefer weber or k rend for the top coat......

Ooops.

Both made a genuine mistake, he said hes happy for me to float and sponge it but I said ill find out if you can k rend on top s&c scratch.....

Any ideas guys?

Yes you can...silicone ft.

Let the scratch coat cure for 1 week.

Does it have waterproofer in it? Have you got a good key? You need both.

Dampen down but don't saturate the whole of the scratch before topping.

Don't go on too thick, best one tight pass then thicker on top.

If you are doing renovation, don't rule of use the Ibar unless the scratch is completely flat, if you do you will risk halos and scratching back to sand and cement. Just lay on making sure you keep a wet edge, then ready scrape back and brush down.

Yes you can...silicone ft.

Let the scratch coat cure for 1 week.

Does it have waterproofer in it? Have you got a good key? You need both.

Dampen down but don't saturate the whole of the scratch before topping.

Don't go on too thick, best one tight pass then thicker on top.

If you are doing renovation, don't rule of use the Ibar unless the scratch is completely flat, if you do you will risk halos and scratching back to sand and cement. Just lay on making sure you keep a wet edge, then ready scrape back and brush down.

Thanks mate!

Yes waterproofer is in the scratch and its scratched with a comb scratcher, as per usual with sand cement work prior to top coating with sand cement .

The scratch is perfectly flat (not bigging my workmanship up) the block wall was recently built and was dead flat for laying on top of .

What's reckon on the scratching back times? Weather permitting I was going to go for a late morning lay on and a next early morning scrub back?

Reactions: dai
I would be spraying afternoon scratching back early morning this time of year. Sand and cement can be tricky as it's difficult to control suction, its not even all over like a base coat. I suggest you do a test patch mate, as you know only one chance with K Rend.

Don't spray that Silicone FT, it's hand applied only. If you are spraying, use the K1 Silicone. You can also hand apply their K1 aswell. Workability is 5 plus degrees if the temps are low.

I dont have a machine anyway it'll be hand applied, dont do enough of it to warrent a machine

Yes, mostly coated it over scratch, no problems from doing it that way. Only hand applied, never Sprayed. Weber tts is nicer to coat imo

Never tried tts heard it's nice what's the colour like when fully dried not patchy or anything ?

Yeah it's not bad, always looked alright to me anyways mate. It's nice and fluffy to hand apply, glides over the wall when it's mixed right. But haven't used it now in a couple years. Only done one mono job now in near 2years.suits me, I don't like it. Boy I was with before was almost all mono outsides, now it's all rubbed or dashed lol.