K rend on breeze block

Members online

Danpat

How do lads, any advice welcome on using k rend hp12 with the k1 scratch top coat onto breeze block wall.
eg, each coats thickness. Is it fairly straight forward as I have done loads of internal plastering over the years but never used this stuff. Cheers Dan. (Photo posted to help)

Attachments

• K rend on breeze block
    5E3F34BE-D04E-4816-AC3E-C342DB271DBD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 390
This a diy job or have you agreed to take a chance on a job with products you have never used before, I've been plastering 17 years, the one thing I never learned was rendering,just because you can float and set internally doesn't mean you can render mate completely different ball game, my advice is you should've turned the job down but either way I'm not a total w**k*r so I hope it turns out well for ya

Most skimmers jumped on mono/silicon render years back once you got the knack on timings it’s like skimming piece of piss if you can use a trowel and a spat you can thin coat render but you can’t render if you know what I mean ;)

Thanks for that lads, appreciated. Anyone know if I can go 10mm overall thickness or would it have to be 15.

Most skimmers jumped on mono/silicon render years back once you got the knack on timings it’s like skimming piece of piss if you can use a trowel and a spat you can thin coat render but you can’t render if you know what I mean ;)
That's absolute b*ll***s and the voice of
in experience someone that's never done it,
It's the other way round sand and cement is a far less knowledgeable system much easier to pick up and a starting point for a renderer,
I've had loads of plasterers with that attitude come with me and can't get there head round it, modern rendering is a skill set and profession of its own there's that much of a knowledge base,
You must really enjoy skimming to say that every metre you push up the wall you would be earning 10 times the amount on modern render if,i it's that easy

That's absolute b*ll***s and the voice of
in experience someone that's never done it,
It's the other way round sand and cement is a far less knowledgeable system much easier to pick up and a starting point for a renderer,
I've had loads of plasterers with that attitude come with me and can't get there head round it, modern rendering is a skill set and profession of its own there's that much of a knowledge base,
You must really enjoy skimming to say that every metre you push up the wall you would be earning 10 times the amount on modern render if,i it's that easy
Least I got one of you to bite (y)