Johnstones stormshield

Members online

themucky1

As above has anyone used their gear I've spoke to some lads I know and they rate it but they're f**k**g liars, I just want some feedback before I put it on any of my jobs and go through the bullshit "installer training"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate

As I am sure you know, I m not a spread, I look after Aquapanel Exterior - the PPG Johnstons Renders have been tested by them onto Aquapanel Exterior and we have done quiet a few projects in the past 18 months

I have heard no bad comments from the guys using it. Most like the local Johnston shops for collection as well

Give it a go and let us all know

If you want contact details of their render tech manager let me know

Good luck

Richard Lord

Hi mate

As I am sure you know, I m not a spread, I look after Aquapanel Exterior - the PPG Johnstons Renders have been tested by them onto Aquapanel Exterior and we have done quiet a few projects in the past 18 months

I have heard no bad comments from the guys using it. Most like the local Johnston shops for collection as well

Give it a go and let us all know

If you want contact details of their render tech manager let me know

Good luck

Richard Lord
Thanks bud
I have spoke to the Midlands tech rep Matt and he seems confident in it, what got me was that they offer a 25yr manufacturer warranty which is unheard of, from a customers point of view that's a massive selling point will keep it posted on my experience

Thanks bud
I have spoke to the Midlands tech rep Matt and he seems confident in it, what got me was that they offer a 25yr manufacturer warranty which is unheard of, from a customers point of view that's a massive selling point will keep it posted on my experience

Think it means you can't contact them till after 25 yrs ;)

As above has anyone used their gear I've spoke to some lads I know and they rate it but they're f**k**g liars, I just want some feedback before I put it on any of my jobs and go through the bullshit "installer training"

Im new to thincoat mate always been traditional so no guru, however ive just done a garage conversion in their gear as they are local to me, and was nice to use.

The guy in-store said they don't do installer training, instead just visit the site you're working on..

What's it all cost? Any savings over other manufacturers?
As a rule I use Jub and Johnstones are coming out around a fiver a m2 cheaper with no delivery charges regardless of order quantity and no extra cost for colour of the texture so seems like a no brainier really but want to try it before I commit for the longer term

I use Johnstones now for ewi. Good gear and prices.
Cheers buddy, I'm giving it a go in about two weeks just waiting for the job to start I'm putting it on, it's an ocr and silicone enhanced texture finish

Does this johnstons gear have a uk BBA?

Yes Rich

Go to the BBA Site and search Johnstone's

EWI, scratch and flex coatings

As well as old external paints Certs

I regularly check for Certs and what performance they have for what applications. Not all Certs for the same sounding systems are actually the same..... Having 1 BBA Cert does not cover everything a company offers....

Yes Rich

Go to the BBA Site and search Johnstone's

EWI, scratch and flex coatings

As well as old external paints Certs

I regularly check for Certs and what performance they have for what applications. Not all Certs for the same sounding systems are actually the same..... Having 1 BBA Cert does not cover everything a company offers....
Yep I'm aware of that, hence why I asked the question really, not a question most ask granted, only sad rendering anoracks I guess. :rolleyes:

Thanks bud

a paint rep called Matt...............................:lol:

we,ve had a long day looking round Leeds uni with my youngest son -- and needed a few light refreshment when we got back:lol:

we,ve had a long day looking round Leeds uni with my youngest son -- and needed a few light refreshment when we got back:lol:
should have sent him up here for a proper party..................i mean proper education.................:rock:

should have sent him up here for a proper party..................i mean proper education.................:rock:

there's time yet we have to check out 2 more uni 's-------you never know we might call in for a few drinks

@themucky1 did you do this job? What was the gear like? Got a house to do in the new year and thinking i'll give it a try purely based on local pick up and them offering 25 years on it if thats really the case