Johnstone render

Members online

craigEEE

We have been dealing with a rep for Johnstones who isn't too clued up on what he is selling so I thought I'd ask on here.

I've a job that needs doing in a scratched finish at 10mm beads, Johnstone say they guarantee for this but I wanted to ask on here does anyone know if the key coat primer is any good, I'd it similar to R-10 or is it just a base coat similar to hp12/x
It's going over brick and K-rend had said we could 2x r-10 then go on top but only with 15mm beads
Thanks

We have been dealing with a rep for Johnstones who isn't too clued up on what he is selling so I thought I'd ask on here.

I've a job that needs doing in a scratched finish at 10mm beads, Johnstone say they guarantee for this but I wanted to ask on here does anyone know if the key coat primer is any good, I'd it similar to R-10 or is it just a base coat similar to hp12/x
It's going over brick and K-rend had said we could 2x r-10 then go on top but only with 15mm beads
Thanks

Who's the rep pal? I've used the key coat primer and it was sound, we sprayed it as a splatter key rather than how we was told to use it due to the background being bad. In regards to what it's like it's very very similar to Jub jlm20 if you've ever used that? What are you rendering over render? And what base coat are you using their stormshield or there ocr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used it, it is a cement based not liquid. Good stuff.

Was it North England, Midlands or Southern rep?

Thanks lads, it was the north west rep.

The reason it needs to be 10mm is because the corner stones are only about 12mm in front of the block work so we won't get away with 15mm.

Think Il give their technical support guy a ring tomorrow