Is it worth going on site?

It's quite "zen" learning to do absolutely f**k all.......it takes time to master, but your body will thank you for it........embrace your " inner lazy hippie"....chillax, stress not....breathe.....relaaaaaax...

Better now?

Each to there own. Site work for me everytime. Couldn't be bothered with all the cleaning up on domestic. The thought of mixing outside an walking upstairs over carpet to do a bedroom. No thanks.

Was doing a dometic recently and had a new laborer with me. He had mised plaster all over the place, told him to clean it but he forgot and it went out of my head to double check to see if he did it because i was so busy. He also threw the clients traventine pot plants in the skip, all smashed. 22 of them all different sizes! Some where wedding presents for when she got married to her husband who just recently died. Was a f**k**g nightmare he was. Cost me money! Site worked compared to this sounds like heaven lol

Agree 100% Could have turned out alot worse if i fell backwards. This is the site before the scaffold and more stone was here. Thats exactly where i fell onto. One falls backwards onto stone like this could well end up a cripple!

IMG_20170307_093307.jpg

Agree 100% Could have turned out alot worse if i fell backwards. This is the site before the scaffold and more stone was here. Thats exactly where i fell onto. One falls backwards onto stone like this could well end up a cripple!

View attachment 17421
Being worn out and not wanting to be somewhere will lead to costly mistakes with the work and your safety , can't be a soul on here that would deny it or hasn't experienced it.
Have walked off jobs be it for few hrs or days when necessary to get break as things not going right or heads swimming with all.
Stress is a killer but we're ultimately responsible for ourselves, none of it will matter when your gone but maybe let up on yourself to enjoy the here and now .:)

Was doing a dometic recently and had a new laborer with me. He had mised plaster all over the place, told him to clean it but he forgot and it went out of my head to double check to see if he did it because i was so busy. He also threw the clients traventine pot plants in the skip, all smashed. 22 of them all different sizes! Some where wedding presents for when she got married to her husband who just recently died. Was a f**k**g nightmare he was. Cost me money! Site worked compared to this sounds like heaven lol
When I've done domestics. 9 times out of 10 I'd do it on my own for that reason.

I hate that with domestics, far rather not worry about mess, blast with the floor scraper and brush and ur done. Sweet.

Next time I post on here I must remember to keep an eye on it everyday. It's just taken me about half an hour to catch up. I appreciate everyone's input but am still none the wiser haha.

Some guy saying he is dropping 9 bags in a day!!! F**k that!! But I don't think you have to be putting that on to earn decent money.

The reason I asked originally is because last year I had 3 lads working for me but I was having to find about 6500-7000 a month worth of work which i managed to do but on domestic stuff that a lot of jobs. Now I'm back down to just me and I can't keep up. Working 7 days a a week and evenings trying to keep everybody happy. So in my head I figured get on site with a few lads working for me and it's a steadier flow of work. I may be well off the mark but that's what I thought. Plus if you get the same £ per metre for dab and board I would stick to that as i find it a lot faster and easy work.

Generally speaking you get less for tacking/ dabbing. (There are exceptions)
I split mine up 60/40.
So a tenner is 6 quid skim &4 board.

You would HAVE to be able to drop 7 bags minimum to make site work pay.
Minimum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bag hits won't make much money on site, need to be least 2.5/3bags a hit on 3hits a day. Take reveals etc as u go, false economy leaving them til the end.

Yeah by the sound of it I don't think site is for me. I could get it on but know for a fact my standards would have to drop (as I'm sure it would for anyone). And the thought of busting a ball everyday to make a wage doesn't sit right

Like I say, I've got plenty of work but thought the grass might be greener. I think I just hate plastering in general.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Yeah by the sound of it I don't think site is for me. I could get it on but know for a fact my standards would have to drop (as I'm sure it would for anyone). And the thought of busting a ball everyday to make a wage doesn't sit right

Like I say, I've got plenty of work but thought the grass might be greener. I think I just hate plastering in general.

Thanks again for all the advice.

From experience the best advice i can give is once you start getting silly silly busy...

Put your rates up and have less in the diary to arrange but earn better from the the jobs you win...

So easy in this game to be a busy fool if not careful!