Is it worth going on site?

Members online

No members online now.
How the hell can £3.00 m2 be s**t. Any spread that's any good should be able to bang 3 , three and a bit gauges on a day ,and be off by 2.30pm.that equates to 100m2 a day = £ 1500,
When the recession hit ,we were getting £ 1.60 m2 ,and still making a wage
If some of you lot were getting £ 6.00 m2 you couldn't make it pay

f**k starting at 7am and doing 3 gauges just so one can finish early! 8am start, 2 gauges and finish around 4ish suits me when on site. In saying that, I haven't been on a proper site since 2008.

im half cut already its only 7 ....
no wonder painters always look paranoid and jittery.
i think i need a wee swally tee pick me up hey !!

£3 might sound s**t to us Keith, but the cost of living is far cheaper than what we are used to in the regions they are talking about (north west).

Maybe so Kieran. £3 Is €3.54 that's €2.83 after tax. f**k that tbh. I was thinking €6m2 was s**t. But just gos to show how far the trade has falling when plasterers think £3m2 is good. But can understand what you saying tho.(y)

f**k starting at 7am and doing 3 gauges just so one can finish early! 8am start, 2 gauges and finish around 4ish suits me when on site. In saying that, I haven't been on a proper site since 2008.
We usually try be OK n site about quarter to 8 so set up ready to go for 8,usually 3 sets, ready to leave 4,half 4 depending on how stuff sets. Some days do 2big hits instead. Usually Friday caper.

We usually try be OK n site about quarter to 8 so set up ready to go for 8,usually 3 sets, ready to leave 4,half 4 depending on how stuff sets. Some days do 2big hits instead. Usually Friday caper.

Always 2 sets for us and maybe pick up some bonding in between sets if the job needs it.

I've had a week off.......luvvin it.

I'd love a week off. Have so much on and have had a c**t of a week. Hit myself on the head with block hamner. Eye pissing with blood early on in the week because of it. Hit my head hard of a ledger next day and hurt my neck and today, came off 2 scaffold planks on top of guillotined stone and landed on my shoulder! O, and my left arm is killing me where a plate and screws is. Sitting here in agony! Have never had a week like it!

I'd love a week off. Have so much on and have had a c**t of a week. Hit myself on the head with block hamner. Eye pissing with blood early on in the week because of it. Hit my head hard of a ledger next day and hurt my neck and today, came off 2 scaffold planks on top of guillotined stone! O, and my left arm is killing me where a plate and screws is. Sitting here in agony! Have never had a week like it!
Lol....sorry to hear it all mate, you've really had a shitter.......take a bit of time off, rest, think, breathe, then rest a bit more. All the best pal.

I'd love a week off. Have so much on and have had a c**t of a week. Hit myself on the head with block hamner. Eye pissing with blood early on in the week because of it. Hit my head hard of a ledger next day and hurt my neck and today, came off 2 scaffold planks on top of guillotined stone and landed on my shoulder! O, and my left arm is killing me where a plate and screws is. Sitting here in agony! Have never had a week like it!
Sounds like you need a few days off

Universe is trying to tell you something it will continue until you take heed or it sits you on your arse anyway.
Take a break and recharge before your out the game for a chunk of time you can't manage.

So I'm clueless?? What you think is acceptable is probably a mile away from mine fella

I can only say it how I see it mate...

Like yourself I take a lot if pride in my work...

I can assure you if you was shown how to 1 coat boardwork properly you wouldnt see what all the fuss is about...

This whole argument if that someone that 2 coat is better just isn't the case theres people that can't 2 coat or 1 coat for that matter..

Likewise theres people that can leave 1 coat flawless...

I used to think exactly the same until I worked along a experiancef 2 & 1 gang around 10yrs ago there work was on another level absolutely flawless..until then I also couldn't believe it could be done...

I've never 2 coated any boardwork providing its decent to start with since...

Its all in the prep, bed down joints & beads,doorcasings etc,getting the mix right, and then application and timings...

I dont do it to finish early im awake so go early

It's years since I did any plastering but we'd get there at 7 30 ish, 2 big gauges A day, prep for the next day and a bit of snap and be off 2 ish every day
I can understand 2 big gauges done for around 2pm but 3 ?? That's what I'm trying to get my head around?

14922376662121252092106.jpg

Lol....sorry to hear it all mate, you've really had a shitter.......take a bit of time off, rest, think, breathe, then rest a bit more. All the best pal.
Sounds like you need a few days off
Universe is trying to tell you something it will continue until you take heed or it sits you on your arse anyway.
Take a break and recharge before your out the game for a chunk of time you can't manage.

I agree. Lying here in bed seized up! im hoping it aint anything serious like something fractured or broken because if it is, ill be out of action for awhile :( Will give it till monday and see how it is then and if its still bad, will go to he hospital. f**k knows what itll cost me thou because have never paid for a hospital ever here. How i did it was trying to cover me and someone elses wages. 3pm, mines was nearly covered for that day but was looking at the other fellas and thinking i need to pull him out here. Now im in bits! If it comes to it, might just take the full week off.

I agree. Lying here in bed seized up! im hoping it aint anything serious like something fractured or broken because if it is, ill be out of action for awhile :( Will give it till monday and see how it is then and if its still bad, will go to he hospital. f**k knows what itll cost me thou because have never paid for a hospital ever here. How i did it was trying to cover me and someone elses wages. 3pm, mines was nearly covered for that day but was looking at the other fellas and thinking i need to pull him out here. Now im in bits! If it comes to it, might just take the full week off.
IMG_6531.JPG

Each to there own. Site work for me everytime. Couldn't be bothered with all the cleaning up on domestic. The thought of mixing outside an walking upstairs over carpet to do a bedroom. No thanks.