Insulation help

Members online

Arti

Been trying to work out the comparison u value of using celotex/kingspan or rock wool. Heard that you only need 100 mm celotex compared to 225mm rock wool?? Google can help me or may be I just can't find it.

Anyone know the craic??

Looked at a condensation issue and the roof space has no insulation so it's cold spotting.
It's a f**k on getting above the roof as access is tight so rather than using itchy scratchy insulation was planning to use insulation slabs just divvent naa who much like.

DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0148.JPG

Been trying to work out the comparison u value of using celotex/kingspan or rock wool. Heard that you only need 100 mm celotex compared to 225mm rock wool?? Google can help me or may be I just can't find it.

Anyone know the craic??

Looked at a condensation issue and the roof space has no insulation so it's cold spotting.
It's a f**k on getting above the roof as access is tight so rather than using itchy scratchy insulation was planning to use insulation slabs just divvent naa who much like.

View attachment 16783 View attachment 16784
Is this at your own place mate? Or customer?

me personally would probably go for 150mm rock wool sl920 ( code might of changed now) slab with a 27mm Bg thermaline screwed to ceiling and maybe some thermaline on exterior wall tbh if that helps

Last edited:
If that's not a flat roof I don't think that will solve your problem there arti, it won't harm to put some in like ,maybe a bit of heat and some vents will help.on the other hand if it is a flat roof it will do the world of good.