1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Insulating a single skin wall

Discussion in 'DIY Plastering - Plastering Help - DIY Plastering ' started by Andyprussell, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Andyprussell

Andyprussell New Member

I've ended up putting a little downstairs toilet and sink downstairs in my house, I could only make it 800mm wide. All the house is single skin brick front and back,it's an old council property with concrete walls either side, brick front and back. Now I want to cover and insulate the single skin brick wall in the new little bathroom, everywhere else around the house I've been able to stud out the walls, fully membrane and insulate them but with only 800mm to play with, is there any way I can dot and dab some thinnish insulated board on without studding out? I'm only used to the 9mm and 12.5mm standard boards.. what are my other options?

Thanks, andy

2. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Insulate the outside?

3. Ajax123

Ajax123 Member

no chance if you want it to stay dry. you could use something like marmox boards or wedi boards stuck on the wall with MS polymer. These would give you some nsulation and are water proof so should not allow the damp through. The dots of MS polymer would allow any condensation to circulate and dissipate. the whole thing would either need tiling or overboarding with something like Nuance from bush board

4. zolco

zolco Private Member

Dryfix foam, mushroom fixings 25mm thermacheck boards

5. carlos

carlos Private Member

Liked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Celotex, battens,...fix right through....board onto the batten with a foil backed board. Gives you insulation, an air gap, and a skimmed finish.
    Celotex comes in many thicknesses, other urethane boards are available.

• Like Like x 1