1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

I Want to get in to flow screed!!

Discussion in 'Floor Screeding Discussions' started by dvp1987, Nov 13, 2015.

1. dvp1987

dvp1987 New Member

Hi lads does anybody know of any one who is willing to give me a few days or a weeks work to see how flow screed is done and just muck in.
    I would not expect a penny because the experience would be great,I'm willing to travel even stay in a hotel.
    I'm plasterer and renderer by trade been in the game for 15 years and feel it's time to spread my wings a bit more.
    I have cscs card
    I own a putz sp11 witch I use for mono.

If anybody can help or give some advice or know if there's maybe a coarse to go on that would be great

Many thanks lads.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ajax123

Ajax123 Member

Where in the country are you. I actually run flow screed training sessions on behalf of my customers Cemex, Aggregate Industries and Hope Construction Materials and a few smaller independents. Normally to get into flow screeding you would need to go down the route of getting a supplier to train you. If you want to give me a ring to discuss feel free to do so. Alan Jackson 07966651006 and I will talk you through the process.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

@blones

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

4. stiltwalker

stiltwalker Active Member

@Ajax123 so wood the first port of call be to ring you or cemex?

5. stiltwalker

Bloody phone would not wood!

6. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

No your first port of call would be to ask a stupid question then ring him ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. stiltwalker

So next step ring him then, cheers flynnyman for the confirmation :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hail hail

hail hail Well-Known Member

Anyone know rough estimate it is for tools/machine for start up in flow screed. It's another route id like to get into instead of s&c screeding.

9. Plasterers1StopShop

Plasterers1StopShop Well-Known Member

We still do Floor Screed work, anyone is welcome to visit and come along on our next job

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Smudger1

Smudger1 Well-Known Member

I still do screeds the original way but correct me if wrong, is flow screed bagged that can be put through a ritmo to pump out and self levels itself with a little help ? And where do you get those little pyramid metal things to guide depth of it all ?

11. zolco

zolco Private Member

Yer, you can use bagged screed, but much cheaper if you order it in premix and just pump it in. You can get the tripods from refina, but I think blones posted it on fb a while ago that he had some in stock, I'm sure Ryan stocks it too. You'll need some dapple bars too. A guy who recently done some for us, said anything over 40mĀ² he can beat traditional screed on price. It's amazingly quick.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Builderboi

Builderboi Well-Known Member

Are bagged screeds very dear p1ss?

13. zolco

zolco Private Member

Have a look on screedgiant

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ryan I want to get into this badly do you run training courses? As my next machine will be 4 cylinder diesel that I will use for renders and flow screeds that's the plan any way, let me me know mate cheers

• Like Like x 2
  15. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

@Plasterers1StopShop

• Like Like x 2
  16. Plasterers1StopShop

Plasterers1StopShop Well-Known Member

I'll give you a call when we are doing our next job mate

• Like Like x 1
  17. owls

owls Private Member

the arse drooped out of flo screed years ago,
    we used to do a lot with one of our diesel pumps but the rates dropped that much I don't bother any more, theres nation wide big boys that can under cut most, sub 15-16 quid.
    I had 2 lads that did it nearly full time for me for a while up until around 2012 and it paid for one of my diesel pumps in no time doing it, but loads of outfits tackle it now, so ill leave others too it.

18. Yes uks group a family of Indians under cut everyone years ago wiped every one out round our way and cover the whole uk spoke to one of there lads the other day he told me they have 26 liquid screed pumps and 6 screed pumps

• Like Like x 1
  19. owls

owls Private Member

that tells its own story then ...Indians are savy with money decisions.

20. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

jesus!!!