How would you sort this crack?

Members online

cybervic

The whole thing is a boarded doorway frame where sliding doors will be hung and there's now 1.5m crack alongside left angle bead where the arrow pointed. I have nailed the bead secure but dunno why it now has tiny movement when press hard with thumb.
What's the best way to sort it out? I was thinking thinking to replace the cracked bead and put stop beads on other edges so I can reskim both sides of angle bead, but I don't have great experience with stop bead as they come off easily. Any ideas?

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg

Last edited:
The whole thing is a boarded doorway frame where sliding doors will be hung and there's now 1.5m crack alongside left angle bead where the arrow pointed. I have nailed the bead secure but dunno why it now has tiny movement when press hard with thumb.
What's the best way to sort it out? I was thinking thinking to replace the cracked bead and put stop beads on other edges so I can reskim both sides of angle bead, but I don't have great experience with stop bead as they come off easily. Any ideas?

View attachment 77051

View attachment 77052
Bead wasn’t squared up enough before plastering.

Shite carpentry = shite boardwork!

It's cracked because you've nailed straight into the timber, the timbers moved and cracked the bead, would have been better to staple the bead on and scrimmed either side of the bead before skimming.
Rather than using a thin coat stop bead, which will leave an odd profile and potentially crack again, clean out the crack fill with easifill scrim over it and use easifill to cover the area required and feather into the bead, lightly sand when dry job done.

I would wait until the sliding doors have been hung see if any movement from that job causes it to crack any further after installation,as @paulf said scrape the crack out easi fill feather it and lightly sand

Cheers @paulf & @Stewie03 , it's a big job and I need the final payment for Xmas bill, can't afford to wait until door is hung. I did nail through timber, done the whole house like that, even used long nail on purpose. If I'm to leave the bead in, is it worth putting a bit of CT1 or similar adhesive to prevent the beads moving?

Cheers @paulf & @Stewie03 , it's a big job and I need the final payment for Xmas bill, can't afford to wait until door is hung. I did nail through timber, done the whole house like that, even used long nail on purpose. If I'm to leave the bead in, is it worth putting a bit of CT1 or similar adhesive to prevent the beads moving?
Wouldn't do any harm.

Only one way to sort this...paper tape and light weight filler. Anything else will come back through. Was plastering the floor part of the job? What a sh*t tip.

Only one way to sort this...paper tape and light weight filler. Anything else will come back through. Was plastering the floor part of the job? What a sh*t tip.
Not first time I've seen paper tape still show a crack or completely fail.
Especially when the coat covering it will be pretty thin because you're feathering into the bead.