How to turn 17k into 3 million

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A riches to riches story, client on my brothers job was complaining that the cheapest bath the looked at was 1500 pounds, was he sympathetic , mmmm no , not a bit, but kept his tongue

£17,000 was hard to come by in 1967. we purchased our first house in 1967 for £4,000. the pratting about to get a mortgage in those days, that is why most people gave up.

£17,000 was hard to come by in 1967. we purchased our first house in 1967 for £4,000. the pratting about to get a mortgage in those days, that is why most people gave up.

What wage were you on back then malc would be interesting to know ?

What wage were you on back then malc would be interesting to know ?

it was a very busy time, 10 jobs for everyone. we where working on huge housing estates . you would earn about £50 per week. a 3 bed house to float and set would be about £80. a 2 bed bungalow about £50. my brother and myself, and our labourer would do 3 bungalows a week, we where the highest paid plasterers on the firm that employed about 100 plasterers. our labourer who is still my close friend is a millionaire 3 times over. through land deals.

it was a very busy time, 10 jobs for everyone. we where working on huge housing estates . you would earn about £50 per week. a 3 bed house to float and set would be about £80. a 2 bed bungalow about £50. my brother and myself, and our labourer would do 3 bungalows a week, we where the highest paid plasterers on the firm that employed about 100 plasterers. our labourer who is still my close friend is a millionaire 3 times over. through land deals.

So 4k was a huge sum!

Interesting..

did your labby ever become a spread?

So 4k was a huge sum!

Interesting..

did your labby ever become a spread?
no .
in the last recession there was a plot of land with planing for 35 houses put up for sale by the council. all bids had to be in by a certain time on a certain date. he went down to the estate agent handling the sale, they said that there was no offers. he said he would offer £75,000.but he had no money. he placed an advert in the local paper for building plots for sale with a box number. he had about 40 replies, then he went to the bank to borrow the money, showing them his letters hoping to purchase plots. they gave him the money. he sold 8 plots off, settling the bank and giving himself enough cash to develop the first house. he gave 2 plots to a ground worker who put the roads and services in for him.within 3 years he was a millionaire. he then purchased a block of land , getting more planning permission , before selling out to beezer homes giving him 3 mill.he is now trying to get planning for 81 houses on a plot of land .he his now a leading light on the council. and guess who does the council work?

no .
in the last recession there was a plot of land with planing for 35 houses put up for sale by the council. all bids had to be in by a certain time on a certain date. he went down to the estate agent handling the sale, they said that there was no offers. he said he would offer £75,000.but he had no money. he placed an advert in the local paper for building plots for sale with a box number. he had about 40 replies, then he went to the bank to borrow the money, showing them his letters hoping to purchase plots. they gave him the money. he sold 8 plots off, settling the bank and giving himself enough cash to develop the first house. he gave 2 plots to a ground worker who put the roads and services in for him.within 3 years he was a millionaire. he then purchased a block of land , getting more planning permission , before selling out to beezer homes giving him 3 mill.he is now trying to get planning for 81 houses on a plot of land .he his now a leading light on the council. and guess who does the council work?

Cleaver lad/old man by now lol, I'm guessing you do the council work?

Talking of council work does anyone here do any? If so how as whenever I had seen a council job it was a shocking wage just over labs wage..

maybe that's just northwest councils ??

I guess it has been banned on here,it is the name of a pub game with small enamel or plastic parts with varying number of dots on each one.

Cleaver lad/old man by now lol, I'm guessing you do the council work?

Talking of council work does anyone here do any? If so how as whenever I had seen a council job it was a shocking wage just over labs wage..

maybe that's just northwest councils ??

i do commissions for the council,as we do have a good relationship

oh no not housing. we look after the other properties, offices, swimming pools, schools,etc. always as main contractor, we do not paddle anyone elses canoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.