How to rebuild

Members online

MrE

We've recently moved into a house which hasn't had the best attention, and the render above the living room window has failed. The render stop (I think) has also corroded.
Wide.jpg

Flare detailpng.png

My question is how would i go about rebuilding this. The flare is quite wide, 70mm in total and it looks to have been built in two stages (see photo). There's a piece of rotten wood, then there's about 40mm of render then a 30mm render stop, and render onto that. Do 60mm+ render stops exists? My current thinking is hack it back, replace the rotten wood, attach a render stop to that, render up to that, then attach another render stop and render up to that.

My alternative thinking is that it shouldn't be as flared as it is in the first place, and that hacking it back, replacing the wood and attach a render stop would be ok. It looks the house has had at least a couple of renderings during its life, so the that's why it's so wide.

Thanks!

We've recently moved into a house which hasn't had the best attention, and the render above the living room window has failed. The render stop (I think) has also corroded.
View attachment 76711

View attachment 76713

My question is how would i go about rebuilding this. The flare is quite wide, 70mm in total and it looks to have been built in two stages (see photo). There's a piece of rotten wood, then there's about 40mm of render then a 30mm render stop, and render onto that. Do 60mm+ render stops exists? My current thinking is hack it back, replace the rotten wood, attach a render stop to that, render up to that, then attach another render stop and render up to that.

My alternative thinking is that it shouldn't be as flared as it is in the first place, and that hacking it back, replacing the wood and attach a render stop would be ok. It looks the house has had at least a couple of renderings during its life, so the that's why it's so wide.

Thanks!
Honestly stop trying to save a few bob I know it’s Xmas but leave it to a professional to do if your asking for advice now on how you should rebuild and render it it isn’t for you,leave it to an experienced renderer

@ rot on frame between windows
@ remove the whole lot
Replace rotten timbers/ insulate /
@ thin coat render .