Hi all. Can I render over render?

Members online

Sporadic

Had render done on an extension about 6 months back. Render is sound but finish not acceptable as a massive cold snap hit and the lads left ripples in top coat.
Can this be rendered over and if so best methods please? I've been told Tyrolean may work well but would prefer a smoother finish if possible.
Ps I realise getting the job done in the winter wasn't smart!
Help much appreciated

Had render done on an extension about 6 months back. Render is sound but finish not acceptable as a massive cold snap hit and the lads left ripples in top coat.
Can this be rendered over and if so best methods please? I've been told Tyrolean may work well but would prefer a smoother finish if possible.
Ps I realise getting the job done in the winter wasn't smart!
Help much appreciated
Depends on a few thing really but in general if it not lose or blown you could arenino over the top, may be that would be a nice finish.
I do agree with @Marshy get someone to advise you on site ,were are you @Sporadic ?

I have someone to do the job (I'm the contractor) but want to find a good solution to go back to client with. I've promised to put the job right just need some cost effective solutions if poss.
Can I score and or SBR slurry over existing then re-render?
Ideas please
Job is salisbury for the record

Arenino thin coat with addition of Vimarlatex 663 (1L per bag of Arenino) would be a good option over solid painted render. You could also see some Arenino application examples ans reviews at: http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/arenino-reviews.66543/page-2#post-1044273
Arenino thin coat with addition of Vimarlatex 663 (1L per bag of Arenino) would be a good option over solid painted render. You could also see some Arenino application examples ans reviews at: http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/arenino-reviews.66543/page-2#post-1044273
Thanks for advice.
Sorry for my ignorance but not a material I've come across before. Are you a supplier and how much are we talking to cover approx 60msq of solid unpainted render.
Also , is one coat sufficient over the top ?
Sounds like this may solve my issue

Thanks for advice.
Sorry for my ignorance but not a material I've come across before. Are you a supplier and how much are we talking to cover approx 60msq of solid unpainted render.
It will even two passes would be good

Thanks for advice.

Hi Mate, Vimark materials were used since 1982 both in Italy and France but only since 2016 in the UK and Ireland. You could find more information about Vimark renders at: http://www.plasterersnews.com/vimar...d-micro-cement-systems-in-the-uk-and-ireland/

Could you please send a photo of your substrate? thanks
3mm to 4mm of Arenino in two passes with Vimarlatex 663 would be typically sufficient over flat substrate.

For 60sqm you would need 8-10 bags of Arenino@£14 per bag White colour plus VAT and two 5L cans of Vimarlatex 663 @£25 each plus VAT and delivery.
We could supply with the next day delivery. Please drop us an email at info@vimark.co.uk with the delivery address, contact name and number, we'll send you a quote based on these competitive prices.