Help distemper [emoji17][emoji24]

Members online

Reedy

Hello peeps I know theirs a few discussions regarding distemper, I'm just wondering if stabilising solutions such as stabilex will penetrate through to distemper paint if it has been painted over
Thanks in advance [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all walls really.... would probably mean going back to brick or painfully getting rid of most of the paint

I find a real good scrub using a car sponge and sugar soap works a treat, then just p.v.a as normal. It's worked for me in the past! I've also scrubbed it then used Thompson water seal to sort it.

Back to brick, plastic membrane, fix plaster board over it with 8mm insulation fixings, rough out if necessary then skim.

Hello peeps I know theirs a few discussions regarding distemper, I'm just wondering if stabilising solutions such as stabilex will penetrate through to distemper paint if it has been painted over
Thanks in advance [emoji106]

Had this recently on a soft artex ceiling. Mixture of paint and exposed artex after a scrape. Applied stabilex but no good, paint peeled. Ended up scraping the lot after first coat of skim, was hideous.

Thanks everyone, I feel your pain @Squarehead. I've skimmed a few of the rooms not realising it's distemper as it's been over painted and starting to pop in places going back to a backing coat/ or lime wash it's grey anyone any ideas?