Hello to All Members. High quality insulation render and insulation plaster from Bauwer.

Members online

Hello to All Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as Bauwer manufacturer representative in the UK, based in Liverpool. I will be focusing on Bauwer business development throughout the UK.

I am new to the forum and I am really looking forward to join the forum community.

Regards,

Alexander

Used bauwer products, easy to use and finish and you can get a good depth on it.

We just received a tendering request for a large insulated rendering project in Plymouth and would be pleased to work with recommended plasterers / renderers in the Cornwall area for Bauwer insulated render application. Please contact me with your email in order to receive the tender details sheet, specification and elevation drawings to ascertain a quantity of work and value.

Description of works: "The design and construction of 137 nr units, to be constructed in 3 blocks with car parking spaces, including landscaping, drainage, ancillary external works including road adoptions".

If you require any additional information please feel free to contact me via email.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Alexander.
info@bauwer.co.uk

We just received a tendering request for a large insulated rendering project in Plymouth and would be pleased to work with recommended plasterers / renderers in the Cornwall area for Bauwer insulated render application. Please contact me with your email in order to receive the tender details sheet, specification and elevation drawings to ascertain a quantity of work and value.

Description of works: "The design and construction of 137 nr units, to be constructed in 3 blocks with car parking spaces, including landscaping, drainage, ancillary external works including road adoptions".

If you require any additional information please feel free to contact me via email.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Alexander.
info@bauwer.co.uk
@bobby

Just for your information, we just received another review on the Bauwer:

“The Bauwer trail went well. Both the standard and the light were easy to mix and apply. They are very light to use and can be used to build out thick areas. Internally I feel that the light does not have a higher enough textile strength however the standard does.

I was most interested in the drying times and am pleased to say that the standard seemed to harden up quick enough to be able to spray top coat plasterers within a few days. The only issue I can for see is that it’s still not really hard at this stage so other trades could damage it easily. I’m guessing it’s just a case of making everyone aware of this.

Good news on the not needing a primer (airless plaster, Bagar G, Beissier over Bauwer Standard). This is was I was expecting but it’s good to get some clarification.

We would be happy for you to pass on our companies details to clients in Kent and London. We offer a full plastering and decorating service which suites public clients well and I believe there is a large market with all the Victorian buildings in both areas”.

Another review below, from a DIY user. It seems all the samples sent before being tried now...

“ I have trialed one bag of standard. I measured 12L into a trug, I was tempted to add a little more water but was glad that I didn't as after mixing the consistency was good. As a complete plastering novice I was really pleased with how easy it was to apply even onto my curved window reveals. Some areas need some more work before a final finish but that is mainly down to not being able to use a straight edge on some areas. I would definitely use your Bauwer products in preference to the cork and lime product that I had intended to buy from Mike Wye.

I have just tried putting the palm of my hand on the surface of a rendered south facing window reveal that I lime and sand rendered before I had heard of Bauwer products, it feels cold and damp. Whilst the Bauwer covered reveal, to the same window, feels warm after a couple of seconds. The thicknesses applied were pretty much the same in both cases. So it looks like I will be hacking off the render, shame I got a fairly good finish to it! ”

And another one from a professional renderer from Jersey Island:

"All round good experience. Having used both the Bauwer light and standard, I can make the following comments. Easy to apply ,rules off like a conventional render and trowels up like skim. If you consider the thermal properties that Bauwer offers then I would always use Bauwer above hardwall or one coat plaster. I look forward to using Bauwer again. Thank you to Alexander for good advice and assistance."

You could also read the original review, as well as post your own Bauwer review (assuming you used already your Bauwer samples or completed a Bauwer insulation project, now several are in progress) at:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bauwer&ludocid=7540573316798982371#lrd=0x0:0x68a57f7ade97a8e3,1

We also got now a large stock in Bournemouth, please feel free to contact me with any Bauwer related queries.

Best regards,
Alexander
info@bauwer.co.uk

Another two houses in London were upgraded with Bauwer Insulated Render, delivering considerable savings in the heating bills:

And another one from a professional renderer from Jersey Island:

"All round good experience. Having used both the Bauwer light and standard, I can make the following comments. Easy to apply ,rules off like a conventional render and trowels up like skim. If you consider the thermal properties that Bauwer offers then I would always use Bauwer above hardwall or one coat plaster. I look forward to using Bauwer again. Thank you to Alexander for good advice and assistance."

You could also read the original review, as well as post your own Bauwer review (assuming you used already your Bauwer samples or completed a Bauwer insulation project, now several are in progress) at:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bauwer&ludocid=7540573316798982371#lrd=0x0:0x68a57f7ade97a8e3,1

We also got now a large stock in Bournemouth, please feel free to contact me with any Bauwer related queries.

Best regards,
Alexander
info@bauwer.co.uk
Who is the render from jersey?
I am based in jersey and haven't heard of it here

Hello to All Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as Bauwer manufacturer representative in the UK, based in Liverpool. I will be focusing on Bauwer business development throughout the UK.

I am new to the forum and I am really looking forward to join the forum community.

Regards,

Alexander
Can you send me a few sample bags to ireland

Who is the render from jersey?
I am based in jersey and haven't heard of it here

Hi Mate,
Please see the answers below:

> Who is the render from jersey?
Garyth Hugo from Vieira Hugo Construction, you might have seen their VHC vans.

The Wing • Cardiff House • La Rue Du Coin Varin • St Peter • Jersey • JE3 7EJ
Phone/Fax: 869-773 • Mobile: 07797-750041

>I am based in jersey and haven't heard of it here
We just opened a distributor office at Jersey, with Bauwer stock available locally now.

Please feel free to drop me an email at info@bauwer.co.uk if you need any further information.

Regards, Alexander

You like the look of it?

Hi Pete,
I trust you are well!

Do you like the look of insulation boards? Or do you like the look of the mineral wool insulation?
Those construction materials are finished with decoration layer, so we normally don't mind how insulation layer looks like, don't we?

Bauwer Light is an equivalent to the insulation boards, but with dehumidifying effect as well.
It must be finished and decorated; London jobs (photos above) are being decorated with Sandtex masonry paint as we speak. I'll post the final photos once available; I am confident you would like it :)

By the way, did you got a chance to use a Bauwer samples I sent you earlier?

Could you please post your review, positive or negative at:
http://www.plasterersforum.com/threads/bauwer-render-samples.64219/

Thanks and Regards,
Alexander

Am looking at a job for my mate. He was asking me about using ecoCork I asked on here about it on here but nobody has used it. So I seen this thread and sent the link to my mate to see if he would want to use this product.

I posted previously few comparisons with Cecil's eco cork, here are the highlights:

Bauwer vs Eco Cork
Density: 280kg/m3 vs 900 kg, Bauwer 3 times ligher
Thermal Conductivity: 0.068 W/mK vs 0.10 W/mK , Bauwer Light 50% better thermal performance
Yield from one bag: 25 liters or one sqm @ 25mm coverage vs 20 liters or 20mm, Bauwer Light giver you 1.25 times more output, at the same price

Also Bauwer is Perlite based, which is Biologically and Chemically inert, it will not encourage the growth of fungi or mould as well as being Fire resistant.

I posted previously few comparisons with Cecil's eco cork, here are the highlights:

Bauwer vs Eco Cork
Density: 280kg/m3 vs 900 kg, Bauwer 3 times ligher
Thermal Conductivity: 0.068 W/mK vs 0.10 W/mK , Bauwer Light 50% better thermal performance
Yield from one bag: 25 liters or one sqm @ 25mm coverage vs 20 liters or 20mm, Bauwer Light giver you 1.25 times more output, at the same price

Also Bauwer is Perlite based, which is Biologically and Chemically inert, it will not encourage the growth of fungi or mould as well as being Fire resistant.
How do you finish your external render. Can you float and sponge it.

How do you finish your external render. Can you float and sponge it.

You float and sponge it same way as traditional render; you get a nice smooth surface ready for a decoration in one to two weeks by a vapour permeable masonry paint or a thin silicon coat.

Bauwer Light and Bauwer Finish gives you a highly vapour permeable, dehumidifying insulation to your home with improved comfort and reduced energy bills.

@flynnyman is finishing a Bauwer project as we speak, suggest he would be the best person to speak re Bauwer Finish

Regards, Alexander

So are they approved contractors or can anyone use it in jersey

Sure, you could buy and use it; also the Plasterers Forum members get a price discount, thanks to @Danny

Bauwer stock is now available at Jersey, from the local Bauwer distributor Will 07797846708 and Mark 07829916569, Registered address: 87 st marks rd, st savior Jersey C.I Je27ld

You float and sponge it same way as traditional render; you get a nice smooth surface ready for a decoration in one to two weeks by a vapour permeable masonry paint or a thin silicon coat.

Bauwer Light and Bauwer Finish gives you a highly vapour permeable, dehumidifying insulation to your home with improved comfort and reduced energy bills.

@flynnyman is finishing a Bauwer project as we speak, suggest he would be the best person to speak re Bauwer Finish

Regards, Alexander
You have mixed me up mate but I do like the sound of the gear :)

Regards, Alexander

Thanks.
@flynnyman can you pm me your number. As I want to try out this material. Be nice to get some info. I'll be using it externally 100m2

They have me mixed up with someone else :)

Hi @flynnyman sorry for this. Apparently we confused you with Mr. Jes Flynn from Dorset, who just completed external Buawer project. My fault.

Apparently he was pleased with the product and even promised to post a review and the photos at the forum....but then he disappeared; hopefully he is alright ..

His comments re product performance were as follows:

"Half-finished, just taken hessian covers off. Will get more photo's tonight and post on site. Other half prob today start- last layer Light, then Finish. 4mm mesh in Finish worked well. Will give some time to fully- cure then paint with Seciltec Silicate. All seems good so-far. Plasterers like it, though they were a bit laity initially.

Cheers -jes

Hi guys - ALex- you there? Jes Flynn here: I need some more 'standard' in addition to the Light and Finish. Regards - Jes

ok so far....first layer 'on', second layer standard then 2 layers Light and 2 Finish with 4mm mesh between. Goes on well; both me and the 2 guys (professional Plasterers - two of the very, very best!) we all like it a lot. Time will tell, of course, but so far, very good. - jes "