Hello and Thanks

Members online

Plastre Hobbit

Hi all, John from Newcastle, handy diy man been plastering for myself around 12 years, definitely not claiming to be a professional but happy with my results. Had a good lurk on here over last couple of weeks and would like to say thanks for the knowledge you guys share, and the banter! Would like to ask some advice on using board finish over wba/betokontak, got two rooms with horror show backgrounds, oil paint, filler, wallpaper paste residue etc etc and some mega suction areas. First room finished with multi after leaving wba for 24hrs and found it evened out suction but hung way too long and I ended up making it a bit fatty as I wasn't expecting that much time. Will board finish speed up the set? I'm putting fatty stuff down to me wet troweling to early.

Give board finish ago and see what you think don't stick with what you no or you won't learn any thing else.

I'd say stick with the multi,you do get more time with it not much but you do, like the lads say try less water if any the first pass ,I just run my brush up the blade sometimes just to add some if needed,it's a case of reading the wall as every wall is different ,keep at it ,everyday is a school Day!!

Defo less water, normally only on last trowels of second coat. I have to agree on all walls being different, lots of variables, the one I made particularly too wet was external got caught out by doing the internal first, which will be naturally warmer. Must have wet troweled too early on external.