Hasnt earned a penny on that job....

Members online

brimplas1

Semi detached house in the next street has been being refurbed over the last month or 2.. about a month ago a team of lads started to k-rend it, looked like they wereydoing a good job (even though it was snowing at the time of applying )... a week or so later the scaffold is down and sparky fits high powered L.E.D lights in soffits....and it looked terrible...... week later they had angle grinded it and was re-applying it......this time they did a sepperate scratch coat and were ruling it to death....... went past last night and the scaffold is down and it still looks shite.......... oh dear..... now i dont do rendering but can still tell they dont use an i bar......lets see if they have a 3rd attempt....

This is the problem with the trade.
The customer probably employed a plasterer assuming they we're capable at using these products.
There gonna get caught out not knowing there game.
I feel for the customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the problem with the trade.
The customer probably employed a plasterer assuming they we're capable at using these products.
There gonna get caught out not knowing there game.
I feel for the customer
I agree, i get asked all the time for recommendations but dont come across anybody who does it.... i have seen a few done to a good standard but these guys never seem to have sign writen van so you can put a name to the work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree . And get asked for recommendations all the time but dont know anybody who does it.... i have seen a few done very well but the guys dont have sign writen vans so you cant put a name to the work.....

On the same elevation they had one of those lights that shine up and down as well... looks like the prom at blackpool..

Those lights will show a deviation of 1mm it is very unlikely anyone will make a perfectly flat job.

Those lights will show a deviation of 1mm it is very unlikely anyone will make a perfectly flat job.
Agree 100%, and any plasterer that says they don't know what their doing or anything like that, don't have a clue what their talking about

Everyone's render will look dog rough with those things shining on it . Same with any finish of plastering

It will look s**t even if I did it and am brilliant. The high powered lights shining down any mono render plaster will look s**t. Would have been cheaper to move the lights.

I wouldn't have put it on in the snow tho
I did some few years back and it had lights shining down it not a flaw anywhere

Here's one I did a couple of weeks back. Speedskim and mt. Halogen down lights shining down it.

Attachments

• 1489518060298.jpg
    1489518060298.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 522
The sooner these thick c**ts stop sticking powerful lights across external hand finishes expecting them to be flawless the better - no one will beat them - ever.

I bars not sure about them
Used one a few times.
rules off the high points and it's like a different colour underneath the 2nd coat even tho I put it on whilst the first coat was wet

I bars not sure about them
Used one a few times.
rules off the high points and it's like a different colour underneath the 2nd coat even tho I put it on whilst the first coat was wet
Not fast enough . Renders dream the i bar

Lol my walls are wetter then your misses
Do you add the accleator and scratch back the same day
She's dryer than a sand pit . Yeah Wack in accelerator and use the i bar to open it up then use the scratch float to finish ?

Unfortunately there are far too many inexperienced gangs out there doing the industry and those of us that want to do a great job an injustice.
The customer has obviously selected them based on price alone and will be left with something scary!

I recently went to price some houses in Peterborough and was on an estate that had EWI done all over it less than 2 years ago and all of it was failing! They all looked like puffed out pincushions, you could see all the boards, pins and they looked like duvets with windows!

3_zpsxgy0226w.jpg
3_zpsxgy0226w.jpg
1_zpsvkivf1se.jpg

But, the scary thing was they never extended anything and even boarded around water taps & lights, so you had an alleged EWI system with cut outs and channels for pipes, taps and lights, it was gobsmacking to see!

10_zpsz7hgxrtl.jpg
11_zps2sjictky.jpg

No extension to the flue either!
5_zpsrg88gsrh.jpg

That's dreadful, one of the worst I've seen,makes the system utterly pointless with all the cold spots.

Every single house on the estate was the same with channels for the gas pipes creating meters of cold bridging..

6_zps1uubtmj3.jpg

and pins showing through the render!

4_zpsv3kthjho.jpg

The tenants might have got it free all through a housing association who obviously did it on the cheap, but they don't have to accept this

Unfortunately there are far too many inexperienced gangs out there doing the industry and those of us that want to do a great job an injustice.
The customer has obviously selected them based on price alone and will be left with something scary!

I recently went to price some houses in Peterborough and was on an estate that had EWI done all over it less than 2 years ago and all of it was failing! They all looked like puffed out pincushions, you could see all the boards, pins and they looked like duvets with windows!

3_zpsxgy0226w.jpg
3_zpsxgy0226w.jpg
1_zpsvkivf1se.jpg

But, the scary thing was they never extended anything and even boarded around water taps & lights, so you had an alleged EWI system with cut outs and channels for pipes, taps and lights, it was gobsmacking to see!

10_zpsz7hgxrtl.jpg
11_zps2sjictky.jpg

No extension to the flue either!
5_zpsrg88gsrh.jpg
I've never done ewi
.but seen it done round my way.. but never seen it as bad as that:frenetico: I've seen the cutting out round flues,pipes etc..defeats the purpose?

What causes the bulging boards? Pins showing thru?..
Educate me please.

I've never done ewi
.but seen it done round my way.. but never seen it as bad as that:frenetico: I've seen the cutting out round flues,pipes etc..defeats the purpose?

What causes the bulging boards? Pins showing thru?..
Educate me please.

These houses were insulated with phenolic boards, they would have been better served using EPS, especially as they obviously only mechanically fixed the buards and didnt wet fix them also, and seeing some holes and gaps in them already when I was measuring in the area there was only a couple of mm of render at best when they meshed into the base coat! They then missed out the other tightcoat layer and didn't prime either and then just top coated!

We always wet fix and mechanically fix, min 6mm base coat with mesh embedded, then a tight coat, then prime same colour as top coat with Acrylic or silicone primer paint and then top coat, they obviously did these houses so much on the cheap they missed out 2 applications!

These houses were insulated with phenolic boards, they would have been better served using EPS, especially as they obviously only mechanically fixed the buards and didnt wet fix them also, and seeing some holes and gaps in them already when I was measuring in the area there was only a couple of mm of render at best when they meshed into the base coat! They then missed out the other tightcoat layer and didn't prime either and then just top coated!

We always wet fix and mechanically fix, min 6mm base coat with mesh embedded, then a tight coat, then prime same colour as top coat with Acrylic or silicone primer paint and then top coat, they obviously did these houses so much on the cheap they missed out 2 applications!
Ditto that's how it should be done.
Two passes of base first with mesh second pissy mix tight with a spat ruled over it.
We see some shockers, we get half a dozen projects a year to rectify id say.

I don't know it all far from it, but you don't know what your doing from your posts and your grafting on some punters house.

I don't know it all far from it, but you don't know what your doing from your posts and your grafting on some punters house.
Lol Here what ur saying Defo more comfortable internally
So thought I'd pick the brains of the forum
Been Plastering on sites and private jobs for my self 15 years obvs built contacts and subies but generally skimmers on the meter who don't float
and I'm sick of turning down rendering jobs
Time to jump in and Rule that s**t
Ps im keeping the I bar