Hacking off over glass conservatory...

Members online

CeeVee

What would you do here?
I was thinking of battens across the frame then a ply sheet to rest on.
Any ideas?
20170725_095805.jpg

Agree with carpets, call any local carpet fitter and they will let you take as many off cuts as you want. It costs them to get rid of it, last time i asked I got that much it ended up costing me to dump them lol

Didn't your mother teach you anything?

Remove glass and replace with ply.

Replace glass at end of job.

That will be one guinea. You'll receive my bill by post.
Good idea but I wouldn't know how to get that top bead out...

@CeeVee...

On these jobs I always think got to ask yourself is the profit worth the hassle?

Its putting the rope around your neck!

I'd go with what your already doing with the ply but I'd also get a disclaimer from the customer in the eventuality of any damage!

Failing that price in the damage before hand into job just in case!

Maybe I'm just a negative person though! Lol

I have done loads of these Craig over the years. This one looks like it is tinted. I would cover it all up with protection sheet polythene but tape it up as tight as you can with blue dolphin so wind doesn't flap it about. Put the tape on the plastic not the glass.

Then cut hardboard, ply or Corex board. Even then some old rubber or foam backed carpet over it to protect the rails.

Be good with the taping so any dirty water doesn't get between the glass and polythene. It will take some cleaning otherwise.

I have done loads of these Craig over the years. This one looks like it is tinted. I would cover it all up with protection sheet polythene but tape it up as tight as you can with blue dolphin so wind doesn't flap it about. Put the tape on the plastic not the glass.

Then cut hardboard, ply or Corex board. Even then some old rubber or foam backed carpet over it to protect the rails.

Be good with the taping so any dirty water doesn't get between the glass and polythene. It will take some cleaning otherwise.
Sounds good John cheers.
If only the bloody scaffolders could follow the angle of the roof eh?..

Last edited:
Sounds good John cheers.
If only the bloody scaffolders could follow the angle of the roof eh?..

I go down to Miltons carpets just up from Pagets. They usually have plenty of carpet and underlay in their skip.