Gyproc FibaTape Perfect Finish

Members online

Wayners

Where to get it? I was buying from B&Q but 2 stores o called in at don't stock it now. In fact they don't have any fiba tape in store? Maybe one of the merchants around me stock it but don't want to drive around looking. Found one decorating site online that stock. I seen post mention Johnstone paints stock it.... I'll try there tomorrow morning but I guess Travis will have it? If I got a spare 2 hours I'll go try and get served at my local branch

Tried about 10 rolls of the perfect finish , the mesh pattern is an absolute winner , a lot better than the standard criss cross , only problem I had was again on a few of the rolls it did fray slightly, talked to the guy at gyproc about it and he said they would test out more rolls to see if it is a reoccurring problem and if it was they’d sort it , tbh if it doesn’t fray I’d use it more but have been bulk buying the blue one from link above that donzo got , also the perfect is priced slightly higher than normal so would be better if it was cheaper especially with the hi tac pink one available now,
Also think it’s either travis or jewsons that are now selling the same own branded version of gyproc perfect at around £5 ish , same stuff in different packaging

wicks twin pack just under a tenner cant go wrong,
fraying happens on all of the rolls no matter which one you buy.

You can see the difference between the perfect finish and the standard
YHb1eox.jpg

What Purpose does that serve ? Surely scrim is scrim? Is it supposed to be stronger?
It's 30% thinner and much tighter weave. It's far better when you use it
with products like easyfill on cracked old walls and ceilings. The crack moves under the tape not disturbing the surface unlike with the wider scrim. It also beds in with one hit and can't be seen as so thin. For general plastering I'm not sure it's any better than the standard stuff to be honest.

Thats the last place i would go,,,,they try to rip you off with their prices.:sorprendido3:

It’s always the last place I go. But in the town I’ve been working in lately it is the only merchant that’s close by if you need to get anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A builder supplied some similar tape on a job recently and the weave was so tight the finish was barely touching the plasterboard through it so we binned it.

The cotton scrim from days of old was thin and had a closed mesh and that was total dog s**t .Would always double up on the joints when using that .

Lol its the same pattern, just smaller squares. Which I agree looks better
Cool , try one mate if you see a roll you’ll be surprised I recon, also good for s**t hole reskims straightens everything up

You boys don’t know you’re born.......
Back in the day we used to cut up old wooden tights to use as scrim.......:whistle:

Where to get it? I was buying from B&Q but 2 stores o called in at don't stock it now. In fact they don't have any fiba tape in store? Maybe one of the merchants around me stock it but don't want to drive around looking. Found one decorating site online that stock. I seen post mention Johnstone paints stock it.... I'll try there tomorrow morning but I guess Travis will have it? If I got a spare 2 hours I'll go try and get served at my local branch
try @tapit huge stocks of all tapes nation wide

I buy a box of 24 rolls of Euroscrim on Ebay for £63.50 delivered, never had an issue with it, sticky as well and the edges don't unravel.