Gripfill solvent free + heat = carbon monoxide?

Mozade

Hi everyone

First time post. I just installed a load of duropolymer coving using bostik gripfill as an adhesive. There are a couple of radiator pipes running along the ceiling that I covered by inverting the coving. I am now worried about the heat of the pipes as the safety spec of the adhesive says do not use near heat sources as it can cause the adhesive to emit carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. It doesn't specify how hot it needs to get in order for this to happen though. Im a little worried, can anyone offer any advice? I have sent a message to Bostik but can't find a contact number. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

I want contact the manufacturer of the adhesive to get a conclusive answer to be honest.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks, i contacted them and they said it should be fine as it is an acrylic water based product, it's only tested up to 65 degrees which isn't as hot as some radiator pipes but it has put my mind at ease. Strange that the container doesn't contain any warnings about heat, then you look at the pdf on the website and it says heat sources can cause it to give off carbon monoxide.. suppose they are are just covering themselves