Garden wall - best solution?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flynny just give it a rest now, Its not constructive in anyway at no point did I ever give the impression I know it all. I've always asked for advice on here and have been very thankful to the people who have given me constructive advice over the last 5 years. In your eyes i'll never be a spread, although I already am one and make a good living from it. I'm never going to know it all, but will just constantly try to improve on what I do know. Fortunately I have a good network of helpful tradespeople around me locally. Forums can be a very good reference especially for newbies using search, the tilers forums are brilliant for that.

Its simple Flynny if you are going to be a c**t don't bother replying to my posts, its not going to help. I suggest we leave it here.
how rude xx ive made a conciese effort to not reply to your posts or give you any of my advise, ive replied to other members posts, i told you this on a previous thread. i wont be quiet coz as you know its not me. xxx

how rude xx ive made a conciese effort to not reply to your posts or give you any of my advise, ive replied to other members posts, i told you this on a previous thread. i wont be quiet coz as you know its not me. xxx

This dispute needs a damp component to liven it up

Thought you might want to know the outcome. Bricky had a look today, wall is knackered and has to come down. Its leaning considerable (hard to tell from pics)

New blockwork wall going up and render to finish. Customer told me he had a couple of 'plasterers' round telling him to just render it! Lol

Thought you might want to know the outcome. Bricky had a look today, wall is knackered and has to come down. Its leaning considerable (hard to tell from pics)

New blockwork wall going up and render to finish. Customer told me he had a couple of 'plasterers' round telling him to just render it! Lol

Short of abuse tonight, lets liven things up. Thank you for posting Freed. Just shows that we Beardy stocking types, sitting on our arses in expat land have got more of a clue than a clutch of hands-on, we've got a lifetime of experience plasterers. I think I might have to return to the Uk ... my countrry needs me. Have a nice day Spunky.

To be fair to the lads on here the pictures don't show how much it leans. I didn't notice this on my first visit until the bricky pointed it out, and I thought there might be a render solution. The bricky said it might be possible to fix eml and render it but thought it would be short term solution.

We got there in the end, but I don't agree with the just render it attitude! I always try to find the reason for the problem which I think is essential on domestic, and only fair to the customer, and they appreciate it, at they end of the day I got the job the others didn't.

To be fair to the lads on here the pictures don't show how much it leans. I didn't notice this on my first visit until the bricky pointed it out, and I thought there might be a render solution. The bricky said it might be possible to fix eml and render it but thought it would be short term solution.

We got there in the end, but I don't agree with the just render it attitude! I always try to find the reason for the problem which I think is essential on domestic, and only fair to the customer, and they appreciate it, at they end of the day I got the job the others didn't.

Should of got a plasterer to look at it then. The ' by the way a lot of subsidence in the area" and the "wall was nearly falling over, you can't see it in my pics " posts very late in this thread would put you in with the book reading, copy and paste brigade :RpS_thumbup:

Was there any rusty metal in the wall then ?

2 day or 3 day coursers ?

Last edited:
I thought that was what i said, check it out and if its fcuked pull it down Mr Weirdo Beardo

Dear Warrior
I presume you are commenting in your capacity as a member and not that as a moderator
No impartial or fair observer could select my contributions to this thread and single me out for criticism and leave others unscathed. I challenge you to get a fair and impartial observer to do just this. Fairness is an important element of excellence, the moment you lose fairness you are no longer excellent.
This thread and many others is a classic example of lack of supervision on a site where the balance between censorship, morals and ethics on the one hand fails to be balanced with the need to keep the site interesting, vibrant and informative on the other.
Just about every thread breaks down into moronic comment; where is the reasonable nudge from moderators to keep within the boundaries of decency or reasonableness?
In respect of this thread I offered myself as a deflection or deviation from the personal attacks between Flynnyman and FreeD I explained this to Henry at the time. I did this to take the heat out of the situation. After that you could give me some stick but so could you of others. Any objective analysis of the thread in my opinion would focus on the damaging and personal attacks by Flynnyman and Freed on each other – this should not be allowed. You don’t mention this but in my view this is the most serious defect in the thread. But of course, it’s all opinion
With regard to alienation there are some great contributors on this site and I wouldn’t want to be alienated from them. Those that want to tell us about menstrual fluid on bed sheets, finding ways to wreak mishap on former employers, sabotaging the vehicles of Qs’s and providing lurid details of the texture of dog excrement - well, seriously alienation is a reasonable objective.
Excellence
1. the state or quality of excelling or being exceptionally good; extreme merit; superiority
2. an action, characteristic, feature, etc., in which a person excels
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

FAIR
a. Having or exhibiting a disposition that is free of favoritism or bias; impartial: a fair mediator.
b. Just to all parties; equitable: a compromise that is fair to both factions.
7. Being in accordance with relative merit or significance: She wanted to receive her fair share of the proceeds.
8. Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics

Dear Warrior
I presume you are commenting in your capacity as a member and not that as a moderator
No impartial or fair observer could select my contributions to this thread and single me out for criticism and leave others unscathed. I challenge you to get a fair and impartial observer to do just this. Fairness is an important element of excellence, the moment you lose fairness you are no longer excellent.
This thread and many others is a classic example of lack of supervision on a site where the balance between censorship, morals and ethics on the one hand fails to be balanced with the need to keep the site interesting, vibrant and informative on the other.
Just about every thread breaks down into moronic comment; where is the reasonable nudge from moderators to keep within the boundaries of decency or reasonableness?
In respect of this thread I offered myself as a deflection or deviation from the personal attacks between Flynnyman and FreeD I explained this to Henry at the time. I did this to take the heat out of the situation. After that you could give me some stick but so could you of others. Any objective analysis of the thread in my opinion would focus on the damaging and personal attacks by Flynnyman and Freed on each other – this should not be allowed. You don’t mention this but in my view this is the most serious defect in the thread. But of course, it’s all opinion
With regard to alienation there are some great contributors on this site and I wouldn’t want to be alienated from them. Those that want to tell us about menstrual fluid on bed sheets, finding ways to wreak mishap on former employers, sabotaging the vehicles of Qs’s and providing lurid details of the texture of dog excrement - well, seriously alienation is a reasonable objective.
Excellence
1. the state or quality of excelling or being exceptionally good; extreme merit; superiority
2. an action, characteristic, feature, etc., in which a person excels
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

FAIR
a. Having or exhibiting a disposition that is free of favoritism or bias; impartial: a fair mediator.
b. Just to all parties; equitable: a compromise that is fair to both factions.
7. Being in accordance with relative merit or significance: She wanted to receive her fair share of the proceeds.
8. Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics

Now I can see how you were able to extort enough money from the elderly of Batley to live out your senior years in France.........You fu.cking bored them into submission.

Children
In the same way that none of you are able to distinguish between the need to investigate so that you specify for rebuilding a wall rather than providing a render specification you all repeat the same naivety three web wages later.
Before you attack in pack manner, think about the lesson you all failed to follow at the outset of this thread - establish the facts. To whom is it that Warrior refers?
I hope this thread isn’t closed prematurely contrary to what Warrior claims this thread demonstrates at least two things. First the hopelessness of plasterers to read a situation which was adequately described by photographs and the need for better control of the threads.
Time for Warrior to speak, if he does not confirm the direction of his comments I expect a grovelling apology from rest of you wimps.

I like your posts steve, and a lot of the time I agree with what you say in them - but sometimes you've just got to take it on the chin if you've made an error :RpS_thumbup:

You are the one with the childish attitude.You seem to believe that youre some kind of expert when in fact you're not. You also ALWAYS want to have the last word.

You are actually a sad, boring old fart

diddnt we have someone on here a few months ago that was like this, some kind of eco warrior type guy who believed he knew everything, always had to be right and always had to have the last word, then dan threw him off for being a penarse

Status
Not open for further replies.