1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Funky Texture

Discussion in 'Plastering & Rendering Projects' started by Heritage Plasters, Aug 22, 2017.

1. I have this large home on the lake here that is getting this strange custom texture. It was made up based on what the home owner described and I'm calling it 'European' because... why not?:D

The client didn't want any 'holes' in the surface but likes the lumpy look so everything gets coated, then the texture coat is applied with random blotches in varying thicknesses. Once it starts to take up I use a sponge to fill any voids and smooth the edges a bit. I like to hit it with the NeLa s*p*r*lex as it gets a bit harder but i usually finish with a light spongeing to make it look consistent.

Never had to do a texture like this before, can't say I'm a big fan but the customer is always right so here we are. Any methods over there for something like this? It is "european" after all. :inocente:

Attached Files:

2. Djr

Djr Active Member

Looks horrific

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gps

gps Private Member

each to their own I guess

4. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

looks like some of the skimming you see on Faceache :D :D :D

5. scottie5

scottie5 Private Member

Plenty of persimmon New builds have that exact finish.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

That looks exactly how my plastering looks painted....... I blame the multi.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Unifinish will sort it

Far better plaster than any other

8. CeeVee

CeeVee Well-Known Member

Isn't that how multi finish looks nowadays?

• Funny Funny x 1