Flushing the Ritmo

Members online

Arti

Can you flush the water system through the water outlet?

Reason I'm asking is I had to replace the solenoid valve last year after using wicked accelerator in the winter ( I was cleaning out with the water in the butt not realising it still had accelerator in it) so rather than cleaning out through the R&S with clean water, was wondering if I could flush it all out through the water outlet instead

Probably haven't explained myself very good but hopefully the machine gadgies will know what I'm prattling on about

Love

Arti
Xxxxxx

No Arti and you can get a hose lock to geka fitting and run it straight of the tap at home to clean it all out [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do is take the mixing zone pipe off, take the mixing shaft out and whack the water valve up to high (not too high or it chugs) then leave it running for a few minutes. Throughly flushes everything out.

1f308e41aeefbc975feaabafd4b0eb7b.heic

And I made these up to save getting all the kit out to do it

On the pressure tester. What bar pressure do u let the r@s go down to b4 yous chance it. I had a c**t of a day Friday just made it down the back of a house. Stuff was going stiff and then wet. And the spray cap was coming off. After I got it on I washed out the machine. Did a pressure test. Was going up to 10 bar but as soon as I stop the mixing shaft spinning it would drop to 0. So it's f**k*d I got lucky to get the 70 bags on lol. What bar pressure do u let the r@s hold b4 u put on a new one. Was using the soft one. Iv been useig f**k*d clamp r@s to spray site mix. Must give the soft one a go lol. I'll get my money's worth out of them. Have been spraying sand and cement at 3to4 amps.

Last edited:
I empty the butt, fill half way with clean water, then take the water pipe to the mixing chamber off and press the water button for a few minutes. Then everything gets washed through including the pump & hoses.

I don't use accelerators. But might have to start. I like the thing mike made looks good. Can the accelerators f**k up the pump. Or is it just the flow tube.

I don't use accelerators. But might have to start. I like the thing mike made looks good. Can the accelerators f**k up the pump. Or is it just the flow tube.
The solenoid valve got clogged up on mine so I couldn't stop how much water filled the mixing chamber. @Rigsby spent a small fortune replacing flow tubes and other bits to get his up and running again

I'll have a look in to it. Was doing weber mono and only was ready to scratch bank at 5 pm. Was spraying at 8.30am what time would the accelerator take off.
Should be scratching about 3 @keithuk uses it a canny bit if I remember rightly. Think it's 1 litre to 6 bags ish

The damage is done when you drain your machine off. You leave a sticky residue on everything, the water dries off leaving sticky goo.

A good flushing straght after should sort it.

Not had any problems since. But also don’t use Wickes either.

The damage is done when you drain your machine off. You leave a sticky residue on everything, the water dries off leaving sticky goo.

What you using now John?

Get some descaling acid into a rhino tub and water a 5ltr drum down 50/50 connect your water pump from the tub into you machine, into the solenoid then the flow tube until it pump out the r&s turn the pump off and leave it about an hour then connect the pump to either an outside tap or water butt and thoroughly clean the descaler out of everything should be as good as new that's what I've done a couple of times and haven't needed to buy any new parts[emoji106]

Like the central heating system flushing stuff?

Nah mate just descaling acid I'll take a snap of what i use when I get to the unit tomorrow it cleans render and texture off things too but need to be careful its potent stuff if you get it in ya

Anyone ever cut the bar off the top of the mixing shaft to stop it flinging powder everywhere. I think u only need it if the machine doesn't have a vibrator.