fire cracked plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsdave

Hi chaps , ive got to pva and skim a living room next week ,the client has had a wood burning stove fitted, the chaps that fitted it skimmed behind it first ,as there isnt to much room [ did a decent job ] unfortunatly it has started to firecrack ,cos of the heat ,any ideas of how to stop it cracking, as i,m going to take the loose off pva and re skim....dsdave

Dave, There are few threads discussing heat resistant plaster already. Please search the forum :)

Thanks Danny any suggestions on what to use, not really come across this problem before, as ive always been on newbuild

Thanks mate...Just been looking at Everbuild PClast 12 how far will a 12gk bag cover skim only Ive about 2 m 2 max to do Thanks for your replys

Thanks mate...Just been looking at Everbuild PClast 12 how far will a 12gk bag cover skim only Ive about 2 m 2 max to do Thanks for your replys

Dave, I wouldn't personally use Everbuild products. I used their wood filler on some skirting boards and it wasn't anywhere as good as the Ronseal filler. Go for Vitcas :)

Did a fireplace 2 years ago with victas, still there solid with no cracks. Pricey product but it works.

Thanks mate ,will price it up . The jobs really straightforward apart from the corner of room where wood burner is..Roll on newbuild coming back
Thanks for getting back to me .....dsdave

Double line fire boards and use fire cement on the edges/joints. The best background is S&C with lime.

Status
Not open for further replies.