finish floor

Members online

carys

Ok lads can anybody tell me if 25mm screed whith sharp sand is ok on top of a concreate slab bonded whith sbr

ok bud if you want it that thin, try and get premix fibre screed, as its a superior mix over doing it yourself - then it stands more chance of staying down

i have laid screeds very thin with no problems. 25mm use to be the standard screed. flood the oversite first you don't want the sbr to dry to fast. add sbr to the screed mix, then apply sbr to the oversite and pour the screed mix on to the oversite while the sbr is still wet.
next day this screed should be flooded with water then covered with polythene, repeat this process every day for a week. if a thin screed dries out to quickly it may turn up at the edges like a piece of dry bread.

Last edited:
what country are you in ? we have not used granite for umpteen years i was told it is cancer genetic.
Away on builders merchant site and you can buy it by the ton bag don't know about cancer genetic mind you I suppose anything powder is not good for us

It ok if the bonding is ok other wise I'd say broken bisuits have u hacked a 1960 council house whith sharp sand
Plenty times mate. @malc has it right...follow his lead and you'll be fine...thin screed drying quick on a too dry substrate =......... you know it......broken biscuits...cheers.