Feel like jumping out the window

Ive a small plasplug tiler. TBH, its great at cutting but difficult to cut all these new 600x600 and bigger tiles. It was handy enough when tiles where smaller. Theres a larger one out or even the vitrex but need to buy one.

Sigma.... Oh it's a beautiful cutter. Better then the rubi's

20161025_163553.jpg

I am tacking a bedroom and lots of messing about as it is a nsc house and so everything is made out papermache and chicken s**t... skim it in 3 weeks and we found 3 rotten beams around the windows so need to wait for new windows to arrive...

When has plasterboard been so heavy!!!

I am tacking a bedroom and lots of messing about as it is a nsc house and so everything is made out papermache and chicken s**t... skim it in 3 weeks and we found 3 rotten beams around the windows so need to wait for new windows to arrive...

Since you stopped lifting boards and started lifting a mouse :)

Though to be fair I refuse to do 8x4s on ceilings without either a board lifter or another set of hands.

This is my first sigma, doubt it's going to be my last, trouble is its a 900 and its a bit well big lol..... big and beautiful though

Biggest I have is the 120 max cut, do like the klick klock handle though which one of my cutters has.

Sigma.... Oh it's a beautiful cutter. Better then the rubi's

View attachment 18048
This is my first sigma, doubt it's going to be my last, trouble is its a 900 and its a bit well big lol..... big and beautiful though

I knew that was new, its spotless. Whats the thinest cuts you can do on that new one. Mine is 20mm thou ive heard they can be cut thinner. I need to tweak my 600mm sigma because its cutting a few mm off. Dont know how its doing this because when i put my measuring gaguer in, its exactly where it should be for a flat cut.

I knew that was new, its spotless. Whats the thinest cuts you can do on that new one. Mine is 20mm thou ive heard they can be cut thinner. I need to tweak my 600mm sigma because its cutting a few mm off. Dont know how its doing this because when i put my measuring gaguer in, its exactly where it should be for a flat cut.
I been getting dirty cuts in it using ceramic I got the gold titanium wheel

Yeah that was the first job I used it on, it don't look like that now lol. That cut in pic was 20mm, i have cut thinner like 15mm but it took a few attempt and have to set up height of cut accurately.

I hate it when cuttrrs start cutting out of square, pretty much every one ive had has done that at some point. If you figure out what fixes it, let me know lol

Yeah that was the first job I used it on, it don't look like that now lol. That cut in pic was 20mm, i have cut thinner like 15mm but it took a few attempt and have to set up height of cut accurately.

I hate it when cuttrrs start cutting out of square, pretty much every one ive had has done that at some point. If you figure out what fixes it, let me know lol

Will do. Next job im on with it, ill f**k about with it her and see whats wrong with it.

20170831_103134.jpg
20170831_103157.jpg
20170831_111847.jpg
Old thread but quite appropriate.... when are people going to screed right? It's not rocket science is it? I come along to lay these tiles 1024x200 rectified edges..... Yeah right "put some more adhesive under it"? Counts lol

SO what do you do to get over it then? Self levelling compound?

3 things to do. Either self level with self leveler a few times to make it up. Fill with adhesive to build up or get the other self leveler that can fill upto 30mm. It all depends if your on a price, day work to choose which one to do lol. You could also lift the floor and do it again if the client has a few quid and dont mind spending money. All depends where you are and what materials you can get your hands on. Ive seen me fill areas like that with adhesive before the days of the smart phones where you can just find the heavier filling self leveler. I know its a few quid for adhesive but if theres nothing else available, then you got to do what ya got to do. Now, id make sure to check floor before i arrive and if i cant get the heavy filling self leveler local, id go online and get the clients to order some in.

SO what do you do to get over it then? Self levelling compound?

It's only 5m2, 3 bags of latex leveller, poured them in, squish em around and just as it turns use me metal feather edge to grind out high points. Still out of level but it is flat and nice to lay tiles on...... forgot to take photos of it all done tiles laid and looking good.

3 things to do. Either self level with self leveler a few times to make it up. Fill with adhesive to build up or get the other self leveler that can fill upto 30mm. It all depends if your on a price, day work to choose which one to do lol. You could also lift the floor and do it again if the client has a few quid and dont mind spending money. All depends where you are and what materials you can get your hands on. Ive seen me fill areas like that with adhesive before the days of the smart phones where you can just find the heavier filling self leveler. I know its a few quid for adhesive but if theres nothing else available, then you got to do what ya got to do. Now, id make sure to check floor before i arrive and if i cant get the heavy filling self leveler local, id go online and get the clients to order some in.

I turned up blind as he told me it was new and flat (should have known), luckily customer understood that I couldn't lay tiles on that (at least not without alot of work) so had to pay me to level it so not too tragic..... just annoying cos it made me work today due to s**t builders ...... again

I turned up blind as he told me it was new and flat (should have known), luckily customer understood that I couldn't lay tiles on that (at least not without alot of work) so had to pay me to level it so not too tragic..... just annoying cos it made me work today due to s**t builders ...... again

Makes all the difference if you know about problems before you get there