Feel like jumping out the window

Members online

No members online now.

stuart23

Private Member
IMG_1255.JPG
Got to plaster this today

Hope your not on the meter.

I had a first last week when the customers pre-paid meter ran out of 50 pence pieces.
Called him at work to say the power had gone off & told me the reason why!

There are some half baked dumbfucks out there!

I just been to look at a bedroom that needs doing... all I could think of was how I hope he loads up the gear to the bedroom as I cant be bothered :D

I once got sent to do a job by a builder (more of a clueless architect type of college boy) on a Saturday morning.
It was patching up chases in the kitchen after the electrician ... who had kindly fitted all the switches also!
After 20 minutes the guy asked how long I was going to be as he wanted to play golf?
I told him about an hour or so, to which he replied "I was told it was 30 seconds work"

I just shook my head and I think he got the message!

No that was an extra mate! Lol. ;) Picture was took before the clean up commenced, and putting sockets back etc. I'm good like that!

Yeah Yeah we believe ya lol. All jokes aside thou, ive seen some spreads leave jobs in worse condition. Just no care for cleaning up after them.

I hate life at the minute, I'm on a similar job like yours, can't swing a cat around ffs.

It looks nice and tidy in there atm. But when I was doing it I had a whooping great tile cutter in there and a load of other crap. By the end of the day I just had a patch clear to stand in...... it was driving me mental. Cost me prob 2 days more then I allowed for due to not being able to fly about. Plus also trim was too big so had to double up on the sticky. It was fml moment.

Thankfully I'm back on a nice sqaurish extension float and set. Ahhhhh good times.

It looks nice and tidy in there atm. But when I was doing it I had a whooping great tile cutter in there and a load of other crap. By the end of the day I just had a patch clear to stand in...... it was driving me mental. Cost me prob 2 days more then I allowed for due to not being able to fly about. Plus also trim was too big so had to double up on the sticky. It was fml moment.

Thankfully I'm back on a nice sqaurish extension float and set. Ahhhhh good times.
I'm well behind,wanted to finish it last week, still have the whole bathroom to tile (no.tiles yet) and kitchen to tile tomorrow, doors to fit, wardrobe doors to replace, decorate where plonker plumber messed up the walls. Gimme another 2 weeks and I'll be on the bottom of the Thames

I'm well behind,wanted to finish it last week, still have the whole bathroom to tile (no.tiles yet) and kitchen to tile tomorrow, doors to fit, wardrobe doors to replace, decorate where plonker plumber messed up the walls. Gimme another 2 weeks and I'll be on the bottom of the Thames

Sounds like your in a nice hole there, luckily I only plaster and tile so my jobs don't tend to go on for more the 2 weeks (except a couple of new builds to plaster, one of which is them dodgy dormas house).

Sounds like your in a nice hole there, luckily I only plaster and tile so my jobs don't tend to go on for more the 2 weeks (except a couple of new builds to plaster, one of which is them dodgy dormas house).
Meant to bash it out in 4 weeks, but then their plumber stitched me up, disappeared for 2 weeks then done bare minimum, then I had to finish his jobs, so I can fit kitchen and suite. I'm getting there, just have a bad taste in me mouth about it now. Already got threatened that i might have to pay £500 a week till I complete the job, as they want it back on the market.

Meant to bash it out in 4 weeks, but then their plumber stitched me up, disappeared for 2 weeks then done bare minimum, then I had to finish his jobs, so I can fit kitchen and suite. I'm getting there, just have a bad taste in me mouth about it now. Already got threatened that i might have to pay £500 a week till I complete the job, as they want it back on the market.

Sure way to make you lose your appetite

Finished a bathroom recently where lost a day or day&1/2 myself because couldn't move in it and had to leave my dewslt tile cuter outside. Was always thinking some c**t going to pull up and trow it in the van and f**k off with it. I'd have been quicker tiling a bathroom twice the size.

Finished a bathroom recently where lost a day or day&1/2 myself because couldn't move in it and had to leave my dewslt tile cuter outside. Was always thinking some c**t going to pull up and trow it in the van and f**k off with it. I'd have been quicker tiling a bathroom twice the size.
I can't even cut outside, 2nd floor flat this one, had to pull my old wickes's wet cutter out of the skip, she must be 20 years old and s**t as well.

Ohhhhhhh have you got the dewault tile cutter I'm thinking?

Ohhhhhhh have you got the dewault tile cutter I'm thinking?

Yes, cracking bit of kit however its a bit of a nightmare when doing small bathrooms. Nowhere to put it in the clients house. Just outside but that has its own problems thinking is some c**t going to steal it.

I can't even cut outside, 2nd floor flat this one, had to pull my old wickes's wet cutter out of the skip, she must be 20 years old and s**t as well.

Ive a small plasplug tiler. TBH, its great at cutting but difficult to cut all these new 600x600 and bigger tiles. It was handy enough when tiles where smaller. Theres a larger one out or even the vitrex but need to buy one.