Exterior Solid Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWilson

I have a job on for a Solid Exterior Wall.

There are Settlement cracks on there, well its an old building, the client asked to fill in these cracks which I will rake out and fill in. She's stated she doesn't want any evidence of the fact that they have been repaired (as seen in many crack jobs) so although I am going to get some ready mix cement and fill them.
I am going to ask you lads what is your main tool and material to get a consistent wall.

If its cracked brickwork /blockwork get brickie in,if its render get a plasterer they will have tools and experience to do the job.

Possibly a bit green here, but I have never seen cracks patched in render that have not been at all visible

I have a job on for a Solid Exterior Wall.

There are Settlement cracks on there, well its an old building, the client asked to fill in these cracks which I will rake out and fill in. She's stated she doesn't want any evidence of the fact that they have been repaired (as seen in many crack jobs) so although I am going to get some ready mix cement and fill them.
I am going to ask you lads what is your main tool and material to get a consistent wall.

Are you a plasterer? There is a thincoat render product that can be used over painted walls (so long as paint is solid) I think it's a parex product. Covering the whole area would be a better solution. What about a tyrolean finish?

Toupretleith or summat like that sponges up lovely or jetcem is good for bigger cracks in old walls the one with fine sand bung loads of lime in it and it goes like putty before it sets for shaping then a bit of careful sponging. Decorator will love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.