1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Experience Wanted In Manchester/NW

Discussion in 'New To Plastering? Read This First...' started by Stevieo, May 19, 2017.

1. Stevieo

Stevieo New Member

Hi Guys.

First post, so be nice.

I'm looking for some experience/improvement time. Willing to work for nowt/very cheap.

I have my own tools and am capable of taking on my own jobs, including for jobbing builders, but I'd definitely benefit from working with/for a proper plasterer for a while.

Any takers? Or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Stevieo

Stevieo New Member

Bingo.

Three phone calls got me a start.

• Like Like x 2
  3. zombie

zombie Private Member

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Djr

Djr Active Member

Where abouts in Manchester pal .we are in Salford. We on with a house refurb in Kirby Liverpool next week .

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stevieo

Stevieo New Member

I'm in Blackley, mate.

6. Djr

Djr Active Member

Have you got transport ?

7. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

welcome along :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stevieo

Stevieo New Member

To anyone else who's posted along these lines - I see there's a few.

I ended up making 6 phone calls.

2 flat out rebuffs - not interested in none of that.
    1 fella who wasn't hostile to the idea but felt a bit too put on the spot to yay or nay anything immediately.
    1 fella who gave me a start but was more interested in the freebie than anything.
    1 call to a painter and decorator who was listed as a plasterer.
    And finally, one to a fella exactly on my wavelength who asked what I can already do and has said that he'll pay me what I'm worth - if it's learning, probably f**k all but if it's stuff I can already do to a proper standard, then he'll pay for it.

Bingo.

That wasn't so hard.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2