Ewi samples

Members online

zolco

Private Member
Anyone know if the manufacturers can supply EWI sample boards for planning purposes or is it better if I knock a few out myself and save the hassle pestering them?
Unfortunately colour sample book not good enough with detailed drawings in this case.
Tia!

Anyone know if the manufacturers can supply EWI sample boards for planning purposes or is it better if I knock a few out myself and save the hassle pestering them?
Unfortunately colour sample book not good enough with detailed drawings in this case.
Tia!
To be honest I'd reckon you'd be better off doing then yourself.
The reason being it will be your finish so would be easy for you to replicate.

A manufacturer sample could look a complete different texture or colour depending how sample was done

That's what I'd do anyway

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To be honest I'd reckon you'd be better off doing then yourself.
The reason being it will be your finish so would be easy for you to replicate.

A manufacturer sample could look a complete different texture or colour depending how sample was done

That's what I'd do anyway

Was thinking of that tbh, thanks reeves (y)

Manufactures all make them, a cross section of the insulation, base, top etc.
I've had big boards made up on occasions 3 ft square, they'll have a description of the products used on the back, you'd have to an approved applicator for that system to get one. The samples are per site application. Making your own is nuts.

Would be a ball ache for sure if you did every single one but at least it's your own.

Imagine doing a job and it looking completely different to the sample customer agreed on.

You'd get hassle then!

We all throw it on different even the machine applied

It should look exactly like the sample bucket renders are pre mixed or a lightweight mineral render is premixed, if there are any differences is going to be tiny if none existent. I'll tell you now if you turn up at the planning with a home made sample you'd get laughed at, they want a proper manufacturer sample to see, we've had to do it on numerous occasions in conservation areas or grade 2 listed.

It should look exactly like the sample bucket renders are pre mixed or a lightweight mineral render is premixed, if there are any differences is going to be tiny if none existent. I'll tell you now if you turn up at the planning with a home made sample you'd get laughed at, they want a proper manufacturer sample to see, we've had to do it on numerous occasions in conservation areas or grade 2 listed.
Yes, it's going to be in a conservation area, bit of a ballache that they only give it to approved installers

What system Zolco? I can be of help if is Wetherby. They have sample blocks as owls says/ cross section . They are more to get real feeling of the colour after is settled, rather than the finish itself.And the size of the grain of course.

What system Zolco? I can be of help if is Wetherby. They have sample blocks as owls says/ cross section . They are more to get real feeling of the colour after is settled, rather than the finish itself.And the size of the grain of course.
Whatever system really I'm not fussed, it might sounds weird, but that's the true, iight have to take you up on that one if you don't mind.
Them planners absolute nuts, they wanted flood risk assessment for ewi, took the 3 days to realise it's only just change of façade really.
I got in touch with Mapei they hopefully sending something out tomorrow.
Appreciate it mate(y)