Ewi preferred fixing method.

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to disagree sir:). Wetherby is the best by far:tanguero:
Well only from what I've heard they have failed on phenolic miserable y'all over the uk.
But I could be wrong.
But I've seen it with my own eyes with specs followed by approves installers

Well only from what I've heard they have failed on phenolic miserable y'all over the uk.
But I could be wrong.
Phonolic boards come from the same place they all buy them from the same place
Weatherby is s**t compared to alumasc or MR for the older ones in the room

But I could be wrong.

They failed because of labour , not product quality ;)

Phonolic boards come from the same place they all buy them from the same place
Weatherby is s**t compared to alumasc or MR for the older ones in the room
Never had problem , easy to work, predictable, you can correct mistakes , top quality I would say

But I could be wrong.
There is only one way of installing phenolic boards- dab and fix. Majority of works have been done only with fixings to cut the cost and boost the profite .

There is only one way of installing phenolic boards- dab and fix. Majority of works have been done only with fixings to cut the cost and boost the profite .
So am confused
Profit before quality:endesacuerdo: by official installers that know how to fit this stuff:frenetico:

The reps have been s**t then for allowing it happen ! Was you on probation :LOL:?
I've never used the gear mate
But have heard a few story's and there was 500 m2 failed here a couple of years ago because they were fitted and got wet over time then after everyone moved in and banged the heating on they shrunk and didn't look pretty so they had to be over coated.
Am sure if done properly it's fine

I've never used the gear mate
But have heard a few story's and there was 500 m2 failed here a couple of years ago because they were fitted and got wet over time then after everyone moved in and banged the heating on they shrunk and didn't look pretty so they had to be over coated.
Am sure if done properly it's fine

No, that's exactly pinning the boards to uneven background . These boards are dense and they don't bend like eps, the reason why you see the edges.EPS you can rasp and kill it, but with phenolic is impossible .

By the way, why you don't stick to what you do best! Since when plasterers are doing EWI? Fecking chancers? And then complaining when someone else try's to enter their game! f**k off !

:p

Cheap? It was free dickhead!

Why aren't you telling me how you learnt?
Here's your pictures pick fault puss puss.
5970b59a36bfbcb1f0afbeb91d2271fb.jpg
88bbbeb3e4e0e6cf0e67a5c2ff21e0b5.jpg
e8b454d2a3d935c8d593454ba758f8ed.jpg
6bb3e4aa2002ffafcf4037e99b611911.jpg
2e6c22f73c3034ec55a6c5d47ad0255d.jpg

This enough?
When you gonna man up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sound job take no notice of him mate,it looks neat and tidy compared to some of the s**t ive had to go over

Sound job rips under 300mm and no dog legs in at the Windows or 300 centres at the corners

Yeah looks legit

Someone been reading from there course guide again.
I'll bet my life you don't always follow the rips and centres rule.

You made your point and no seems to care apart from you, is it because your trying to justify the 4 years you wasted at college to tell what you have an now I know what not to do?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hi all

Starting our first EWI job tomorrow, Just wondering what people's advice is on fixing and cutting EPS boards?

Do you prefer the dab or full notched bed and what trowels do people use? Just a tile trowel?

Have some flat areas and some stone work to go over.

Cheers

Hi

There is no right or wrong method your best running a level over the wall and seeing if certain areas need dubbing out if this was the case i would use the dubbing method if pretty flat then i would knotch

Terry

Phenolic will be prone to curling regardless of stick and pin or dry fix or whatever background.

Kinhspans bighest sectret. Phenolic is an unstable material and in some cases will curl up to 12 months after fitting.

Ive inspected loads of failed phenol sysyems. The very reason why sto and many others have removed it from there spec list unless deemed necessary. It was a break into rwi when eps was the original insulant along with wool. Eps will not be beaten for useability

Phenolic will be prone to curling regardless of stick and pin or dry fix or whatever background.

Kinhspans bighest sectret. Phenolic is an unstable material and in some cases will curl up to 12 months after fitting.

Ive inspected loads of failed phenol sysyems. The very reason why sto and many others have removed it from there spec list unless deemed necessary. It was a break into rwi when eps was the original insulant along with wool. Eps will not be beaten for useability

Why phenolic will curl after installation regardless the background ?
And why do you think eps is best and better product?

Why phenolic will curl after installation regardless the background ?
And why do you think eps is best and better product?

It curls because its still active. That is the reason its unsuitable for ewi. When u need a flat and plumb job u need a stable board. Eps is stable after production

Gases constantly escape phenolic. The u-value actually gets gets worse over time due to this also. It is just fractionally but still.

U can rasp eps too. Makes a sweet surface for coating. Most phenolic clad will struggle with the thinner base coats unless u dubb firs if boards dont sit perfectly.

Thats why wetherby use hp12 over it. I can get oit of jail 6mm or more if needed and can be flaoted or sponged etc because it was essentially designed for masonry not insulant. A true adhesive for mesh is trowel finish. That said u can get that with scrim adhesive (hp12 in amother bag) if the background is spot on.

It curls because its still active. That is the reason its unsuitable for ewi. When u need a flat and plumb job u need a stable board. Eps is stable after production

Gases constantly escape phenolic. The u-value actually gets gets worse over time due to this also. It is just fractionally but still.

U can rasp eps too. Makes a sweet surface for coating. Most phenolic clad will struggle with the thinner base coats unless u dubb firs if boards dont sit perfectly.

Thats why wetherby use hp12 over it. I can get oit of jail 6mm or more if needed and can be flaoted or sponged etc because it was essentially designed for masonry not insulant. A true adhesive for mesh is trowel finish. That said u can get that with scrim adhesive (hp12 in amother bag) if the background is spot on.
Strange that! Regarding the quality of the k5 I will say xactly the opposite to your statement. Jobs with phenolic on for years is still ok and tbh never had problem or call back for cracks or something else.
As for the eps I can't say is better quality, but suits better the market- low cost and flexibility which will allow you to pin it to any surface and will follow the background , more or less, and will stay like this . Phenolic on the other hand is the opposite - it will brake, soon or later. And here is where the eps wins.no wonder companies are coming up with porkies to make more profit, as usual.

Strange that! Regarding the quality of the k5 I will say xactly the opposite to your statement. Jobs with phenolic on for years is still ok and tbh never had problem or call back for cracks or something else.
As for the eps I can't say is better quality, but suits better the market- low cost and flexibility which will allow you to pin it to any surface and will follow the background , more or less, and will stay like this . Phenolic on the other hand is the opposite - it will brake, soon or later. And here is where the eps wins.no wonder companies are coming up with porkies to make more profit, as usual.

It wont happen on every job mate and i dont suggest for a moment u will have a call back.

Its no pie in the sky tho.
I have been on a technical team and sat round tables with manufacturers for hours on end debating how we would sort this out. That was before we knew (and the board manufacturer had admitted a problem) it was the k5. Eventually we gotto the bottom of it.
Its not well known of so i can expect people who use it here there and everywher not to beleive the story. Lets face it this thing was kept secret for a reason. Millions at stake.

Ring sto tomorrow ask them exactly why theu dropped k5 from the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.