Eibenstock powerfloat

Members online

sirabite

Ello0 everybody

Has anyone used an eibenstock powerfloat ifso does it work well and which are the best attachments

thanks

cheers for your reply's fellas

i'd like to use it for rubbing up acrylic render with the diamond float also maybe the trowel attachment for multi finish ?

It's used for rubbing/sponge one coat renders/most bagged renders and basecoats over boards.
You won't be able to use this for on skim

why's that

For both is disaster!
Acrylic render- the float is powerful and the rotations are perfect every time and will leave circle -like finish. What you need is to flat and even finish done by hand, which is the best if you can achieve it. My guess is you are trying to be one man band , but it doesn't work with acrylic and silicon top coats. I don't use it for EWI at all tbh. If you have your base coat flat you don't need to sponge it. The power float will only dig into it and will ruin it.
Multi finish - you need to feel the travel of the trowel on the surface to make sure attention will be paid were needed. Impossible with the power float .
For almost anything else is brilliant !

For both is disaster!
Acrylic render- the float is powerful and the rotations are perfect every time and will leave circle -like finish. What you need is to flat and even finish done by hand, which is the best if you can achieve it. My guess is you are trying to be one man band , but it doesn't work with acrylic and silicon top coats. I don't use it for EWI at all tbh. If you have your base coat flat you don't need to sponge it. The power float will only dig into it and will ruin it.
Multi finish - you need to feel the travel of the trowel on the surface to make sure attention will be paid were needed. Impossible with the power float .
For almost anything else is brilliant !

Do these genuinely work well on sand and cement/OCR/CPI? Will seriously save my shoulder on big hits!!

Do you use the power float at the same time as you would floating by hand or wait for it to dry a bit more?

Probably have to give it a hand sponge at the end to get rid of swirls?

Do these genuinely work well on sand and cement/OCR/CPI? Will seriously save my shoulder on big hits!!

Do you use the power float at the same time as you would floating by hand or wait for it to dry a bit more?

Probably have to give it a hand sponge at the end to get rid of swirls?

I think this is were they excel - sand and cement or any hard surface. I found it a bit heavy at th begining and was thinking if the the other powerfloats with longer handle would f been better, but with the time you get se to it. The weight allows you to get a bit late than usual and make it work, but that's all down to your personal preferences - if you prefer getting on earlier or not. A bit more pressure and will dig into the render.I always go back with sponge in my hand to flatten the swirls here and there .

IMG_0625.JPG

I think this is were they excel - sand and cement or any hard surface. I found it a bit heavy at th begining and was thinking if the the other powerfloats with longer handle would f been better, but with the time you get se to it. The weight allows you to get a bit late than usual and make it work, but that's all down to your personal preferences - if you prefer getting on earlier or not. A bit more pressure and will dig into the render.I always go back with sponge in my hand to flatten the swirls here and there .

View attachment 15901

Nice! I'm going to get one and give it a whirl

Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk