Drying deadline

Bennyp

Hello, am new here.
I'm in a jam. I am in the process of selling my ground floor flat and surprise surprise.. the survey has thrown up rising damp around a chimney breast I took out four years ago.
My buyer has said they would rather me sort out the issue in time for the completion which has to be before Christmas - about 6 weeks. The curve ball is their surveyor says the process takes 6 months to treat and dry out and that is too long for them to undertake. Understandable.
Question is, will the sand/cement and plaster skim be dry and ready for painting and can I get it all done in time so that it is looking good and so that I can complete with confidence in the knowledge there will be no come back? I should add I intend to use a Kenwood/Renlon type of company to get the guarantee, or any independent as long as the job is great and comes with a guarantee.
NB the area in question is 3m long.

Hello, am new here.
I'm in a jam. I am in the process of selling my ground floor flat and surprise surprise.. the survey has thrown up rising damp around a chimney breast I took out four years ago.
My buyer has said they would rather me sort out the issue in time for the completion which has to be before Christmas - about 6 weeks. The curve ball is their surveyor says the process takes 6 months to treat and dry out and that is too long for them to undertake. Understandable.
Question is, will the sand/cement and plaster skim be dry and ready for painting and can I get it all done in time so that it is looking good and so that I can complete with confidence in the knowledge there will be no come back? I should add I intend to use a Kenwood/Renlon type of company to get the guarantee, or any independent as long as the job is great and comes with a guarantee.
NB the area in question is 3m long.
The guarantee ain't worth the paper written on unfortunately, seen it many times.
Get a contractor to fit a membrane to cover the damp