dry joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
If I get caught out with a dry joint line will I be able to lose it when scratching the thermocromax.

if it's the same as other monos then strictly speaking no....but you can play around with it by tapping a sharp scratcher into it and trying to get some texture back into it to disguise etc if you don't already know butt

cheers for that mate while I have your attention is it best to bed the mesh in first with fastners or bed it into the first pass of render.

once again thank you

are you fully meshing mate? or just around stress areas like above doors and window on the 45 etc. whichever is in the first pass anyway but get em tight as you don't wanna scratch through to it

you need the mesh as close to the surface as you can without causing obstructions in the finish. You are strengthening the render not the substrate

That theory is sound but you will run into problems with it poking through now and again. Best to butter them on tight as you can before you lay on the full thickness. Just think about scrim on board joints......highly successful and not necessarily sitting one billionth of a millimetre under the finished surface. Aim for mesh to be in first third that way you won't need a Stanley on hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.