1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Dot & Dab or Stud?

Discussion in 'MF Systems And Drylining Discussions' started by RLPD, Apr 20, 2017.

1. RLPD

RLPD New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a garage I would like to convert into a small room and the external wall is single skin brick...

I would like to know whether to D&D it with 50mm insulation board or timber/metal stud and insulate?

I have the skill set to do either and realise that D&D would be the cheaper option but would like to know if this holds any major cons in comparison to studding it out?

Thanks
    Dan

2. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

its completly up to you.
    both is good.

3. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

If ''twas me.......stud, rock wool, board and skim....

• Like Like x 1
  4. robbiboy1970

robbiboy1970 Active Member

15 years ago i was put on pubwatch for a year so i looked at me garage and did timber stud with 75mm kingspan/celotex and accoustic p/board allround ,basically anything i could get me hands on site (perks) we all do it...bought a pool table ..a couple of cheap bandits..a tv..and made a bar ..wanged in a music system with some decks ....hey presto......the walls and ceiling are still in good shape, best thing i ever did.....the trouble is my eyesight is now to bad to play pool..my hearings going for me decks and my boys were having parties when me an her indoors was away but i beat the pubwatch system.....have fun

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

lol what a story :D

6. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

What did you do to get out on pub watch?

7. RLPD

RLPD New Member

Thanks for the ideas guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. robbiboy1970

robbiboy1970 Active Member

scrapping with squaddies.......stupid i know but who hasn't