s61

IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
Was told today that each board has to have a sold perimeter

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 965
No you are correct the solid dab is around the perimeter and sockets oh and either side of the gas pipe, unless it has recently changed I've not looked.

Looks good to me! Also Like the way you have filled the back box up with s**t lol. f**k the sparky's!!! :bananahappy:

Should have dabbed all around the back box not launched the muck inside it. I love it though let the spark knock it out! Lol.

Reactions: Djr
Site stuff makes me laugh. They're worried about dabbing the boards on, but using 7n blocks for the cuts creating cold bridges and increasing the lambda value for the wall isn't a problem. o_O :LOL:

Just whst the guys on our site have been told something about insects colonising the voids

It's all wrong mate, sorry to rip you apart but the boards should be horizontal and fitted by a labourer or 2, no solid dabs either, you just wasting precious materials and endangering the planet, hanger for your hoodie is optional
IMG_20170329_152340.jpg

Reactions: s61
Ive never hanged a board this way. Looks handier tbh:loco:
I'll pm you their number of you want, only took them 2 days non stop to dab 4 walls and 2 window reveals, all with a Stanley knife and a brickies trowel as aid in between the 2 of them, no spirit level been used as it looks alright from their house

I'm ahead of the curve and have heard from the latest specs that boards now need a complete solid dab. Float the wall with drywall adhesive and then just shove the board on. No insects, electricity, gas, leopards or poltergeists can infiltrate the room.
Chavs, gays and boring political thread posters seem to get in everywhere though despite the dabbage :mad:

I think the solid dab around the board is bull.
Rather than have big hefty trowel sized dabs like yourself, I go with small sized dabs flicked off the trowel, in 400 verticals and lots off them.
A stronger job and the gear goes further!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of b*ll***s, as long as the ceiling line is closed off and around windows, external doors and any pipes that go through the blocks it's good enough, never failed an air test. It's a ploy to sell more gear or another jumped up jobs worth trying to show his worth.

That's just a nonsense Danny, where is the 'fire' coming from or going to? A solid perimeter and around boxes etc. is ample. There should be a real push to get solid plastering back as the norm. Less material used, less single heavy items for people to move and, if done by the right person, a better job.
Will defo separate the tradesmen from the chancers mate

That's just a nonsense Danny, where is the 'fire' coming from or going to? A solid perimeter and around boxes etc. is ample. There should be a real push to get solid plastering back as the norm. Less material used, less single heavy items for people to move and, if done by the right person, a better job.

building regs specify it as the continuous dabs stop the movement of air behind the boards

Yeah I know that Danny but each wall should already have a continuous band all around the perimeter for that very reason.

ah so what are we arguing about?

I also emailed @knauf today and this is their reply for the solid bead of dabs :D

‘The perimeter dabs are there to improve the air tightness and reduce the effects of cold convection currents impairing the thermal performance of the wall construction.’

Load of balls all this air test shite first thing new owners do is fasten a mirror or pictures on Walls, bring back float n set please