Does Easifill 60 ever set completely against water?

Members online

Rob_Herts

Hi all,

I've just used Easifill 60 for the first time as was recommended it. It went on a treat and smoothed off nicely with the sander.

However, I got some water on it while washing an adjacent wall (nearly a week after it was first applied), and noticed that the water makes the Easifill malleable again - I can smudge it with my finger, for instance.

I know Easifill is a combination drying and air-setting product, but my question is - is this normal, or should you expect it to become impervious to water? If it can always be affected by adding water again to it, is this an issue for painting over it?

thanks for any advice!
Rob

Jesus how much water did you get on it ?? Is your wall damp??
It shouldn't be movable once set I think there must be triggering that .. put a picture on??

Never liked the easifill 60, always thought it went a bit like chewing gum when trying to sand down after 60 mins. Needs longer

Thanks all! Danny that's interesting what you say about it being possible to wash it off... do you mind you've experienced it not being totally solid against water even when it's "dried"?

To answer previous questions... the walls are not damp, and I only got a couple of sprays from a hand spray bottle onto it...

Thanks all! Danny that's interesting what you say about it being possible to wash it off... do you mind you've experienced it not being totally solid against water even when it's "dried"?

To answer previous questions... the walls are not damp, and I only got a couple of sprays from a hand spray bottle onto it...

I wouldnt say you could wash it off as such but getting it wet will make it wet... its not waterproof