Did anyone ever have a overboard fail.

To be honest it ain’t bad gear if you want to get a set of reveals on short notice but as much as some rave about it I wouldn’t feel comfortable dot and dab a whole wall personally

I'd have no problem useig it on reveals tbh. I was just saying to a mate I use skim to fill out sometimes lol.

Last edited:
any time we overboard we always strap the joist with timber, that way we know we have a good fix and it will hold the plasterboard perfectly, cheapest way is the timber used for fencing 100x10mm so you are not really lowering the ceiling too much especially on lath where its also holding the old ceiling up and not stressing the new boards to pop

any time we overboard we always strap the joist with timber, that way we know we have a good fix and it will hold the plasterboard perfectly, cheapest way is the timber used for fencing 100x10mm so you are not really lowering the ceiling too much especially on lath where its also holding the old ceiling up and not stressing the new boards to pop

just out of interest whos "we" ??

rip it down and do it again....
@theclemo
and
@flynnyman
are the only lads i know on here who say if its f**k*d pull it out and do it again ....instead of looking for an easy fix....which is more of a headache.

We, are me and my son who works with me, the best policy is to rip it down, but if we have to overboard then this is the way we do it, and it is down to learning from our mistakes in the past, nine times out of ten when you explain to a customer that the ceiling has to come down the mess incurred etc and maybe a loft has to be emptied is just more grief, so strap and sheet job done,

We, are me and my son who works with me, the best policy is to rip it down, but if we have to overboard then this is the way we do it, and it is down to learning from our mistakes in the past, nine times out of ten when you explain to a customer that the ceiling has to come down the mess incurred etc and maybe a loft has to be emptied is just more grief, so strap and sheet job done,

the loft should have a floor !!
i hope your son is enjoying plastering...not many young lads coming into the game.
i hope you tcd and your young fella have a busy year and enjoy your graft xx

Thanks for that algeeman that will please my boy tomorrow he's thirty four years old lol :D